Act 11

My upper body that was hoisted up against the white, bricked wall. My back was already covered in sweat after fifteen minutes of non-stop cardio mixed with elements that we used in Offense training.

Jimin had me do several reps of drills that involved high kicks on the bags and running around back and worth across the training room he had access to with the 'illegal' master-key he stole from his father's office.

Us alone in the same training room he caught me training a few weeks ago brought out the memory of that nerve-wrecking night again. When we entered the room, I had the sensation that something was about to happen that nobody will ever know about, something Jimin would most likely going to obligate me to shut up about.

It was Ryon's voice that contributed to the turbulence of emotions inside my brain: "All this shit I went through was because of him... and I'm trying to protect my dearest friends, including you, from being mistreated by him." Something about that sentence triggered something in me that mimicked an epiphany.

I should stop relying on people every single day. I was raised by my elders as a self-reliant individual.

I'm blunt and straightforward. That's just who I am, how my nature operates.

After that night at the showers, Ryon and I haven't even looked at each other. No matter what Hoseok says about her going through a stupid "phase of tempers". No. It's not like I know this girl all my life long to approve of Hobi's statements.

Perhaps that's how her nature operates.

"Soo Mi, get off the wall", Jimin called me out for my premature break and slowly directed his steps towards me. "You're never going to get better if you hang around doing nothing."

Groaning, I scooted my back up the wall until I have reached a standing position. "Tell me you're joking." Aching, I threw my head back until it softly bumped against the smooth surface of the wall.

"I literally got you started on the lighter side. Five minutes were nothing, you should be ashamed of yourself." He chuckled as he said the last part, and leaned next to me, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"Five minutes? Jesus, you should work on your estimations. We've been here for an eternity, and I'm already ready to take a nap."

Although my eyes were fixed straightforward, I could see Jimin raise his eyebrow from my peripheral vision.

"Who came into my room at nine o'clock in the night to ask for help on the evaluation that no newbie cares about anyway? Everybody in your group would make fun of you for worrying so much."

Clicking my tongue out of defeat, I faced him and lifted my index finger between us. "First of all, I initially came to your room to apologize about the stupid argument we had this one day that I've started. And yes, I am worried about this whole evaluation, and? If nobody is willing to put effort in it, then I will."

The boy nonchalantly responded: "Still, nobody cares. But whatever your stubborn self is saying, I'm willing to help."

Shaking my head, I pushed myself off the wall and skipped with light steps to the middle of the mat, quite unhappy with my situation. My limbs were aching severely and my brain was too clouded to focus.

"Oh, Soo Mi?" Jimin, who still had his shoulder leaning against the wall, spoke up. "Have you, by chance... heard anything Taehyung said today at lunch?"

"About what exactly?" I scratched the back of my neck, trying to recall anything Taehyung and I talked about. "All I remember was you getting ferocious with him because he was interrupting you." A short giggle escaped my lips before I quickly stopped myself.