14 - "Mia, Just Go Away."

March 29, 2018

Narrators POV

It was about eleven o'clock at night when Mia heard Austin yell out, awakening her from her deep slumber. Her heart was racing as she dropped the white sheet that was covering her. She stood up fixing her baby pink slip dress as she quietly tiptoed out of her room to look for Austin.

Mia had been avoiding him for a couple of weeks now since her last encounter with him wasn't so friendly; where he threatened to beat up her friend, Zane. Although Austin didn't bother to keep his hookups out of the house, she didn't bring Zane around again. She was tired of them fighting all the time, and still had hope that they would become at least cordial towards one another. 

"Get out! Get the fuck out of here!" Austin yelled.

Her footsteps were light and quick as she tried to get to the bottom of things. A sudden crashing sound that came from Austin's room had her running to his door. Mia halted underneath his door frame as her eyes skimmed his room. A blonde girl was redressing herself quickly as possible, cursing Austin out. There was a hole in the wall and a few dents surrounded it, glass on the floor, as Austin was scooted up against the side of his bed head in his hands, his knees pulled up to his chest, as soft whimpers left him. Mia's heart dropped at the scene in front of her. . . what was going on? 

"What the fuck did you do to him?!" Mia demanded angrily as the woman shook her head explaining that she was sleeping and he just started yelling at her to leave out of nowhere. 

"Just get out!" She stated before turning towards Austin as the blonde left. 

"Austin. . ." Mia called out his name softly as she took small steps into his room making sure to steer clear of the broken glass scattered onto his wooden floors. Once she got to where he was she bent down sitting next to him without saying a word. 

Austin looked up at her with teary red eyes, his next words broke her heart, "She's gone." he whispered. Her eyes filled with tears as reality hit her. . . Michele passed. . .

"I. . . I-. . .didn't even get to say goodbye. . ." His breathing wavered as Mia's hand grabbed onto his arm trying to calm him down a bit. He'd seen her cry many times, but she had never seen him cry in her entire life. Now that the roles were reversed she knew she had to console him like he had done for her all those years. 

After a few moments of silence Mia spoke up, "Do you want to go to the hospital?" 

"No. . . I can't move right now." Austin responded as Mia replied back with a soft okay.  She debated on wrapping her arms around him or not before finally just doing it. He tensed automatically and tried to pry her off as Mia tugged him closer knowing how stubborn he was.

"Mia, just go away." He stated with dread laced in his voice as she brushed off his comment, and continued to hold him knowing he needed her comfort no matter what he said. 

A few minutes later Austin gave into Mia's embrace and ended up pulling her close and accepting the consolation she was giving him. Her fingers ran up and down his back as she felt him let a breath out against her neck before a whimper escaped his lips again.

"It's okay. . .I'm here. . ." Mia murmured into his ear as Austin's grip got tighter in response to her statement. Her fingers grazed his hand on her hip as she felt his dried bloody knuckles making him hiss out in pain.

"Your hand is going to swell up-"

"Mia, shut up. . . just please- shut up. . ." Austin growled in frustration making Mia stop talking immediately. This was the closest they had been in months without fighting. Despite the circumstances that led to them being in this position she was still grateful for this encounter. 

March 30, 2018

Mia and Austin weren't expecting to fall asleep in the position they were in last night. Mia was still situated in Austin's lap, her head against his chest while his arms were holding her close. Austin was the first one to gain consciousnesses. The first thing he noticed was the strap of Mia's slip dress almost off of her shoulder. He reached out to move it back in place when his eyes fell to the tear stains on the front of her dress. It was then when he realized his cheeks were still wet from the residue of his tears. 

Austin zoned out and didn't notice Mia starting to wake up. Once she was fully aware of her surroundings she peered up at Austin who suddenly took notice that she was awake at that moment. 

Mia took the first jump and decided to ask if Austin was okay. He was silent for a couple of minutes before he spoke up to answer her question. 

"I'm trying to be." He responded licking his lips as he made direct eye contact with Mia. She just stared back at him wondering what was going through his head. 

Mia was itching to ask a few more questions but definitely didn't want to take a chance of him blowing up on her, especially after last night.  She broke the eye contact off with Austin before resting her head against his chest as she took a deep breath. 

In that moment Austin realized just how truly of an asshole he was to her. Despite him being a complete prick to her she still came running when she heard his cry for help. She still comforted him even though he was telling her to leave last night. It was then when it him; she was all that he had left now. 

WOW IM SUCH A BAD PERSON FOR LEAVING U GUYS OMG. IM SO SORRY I PAID THIS BOOK DUST. I WENT TO AUSTIN'S CONCERT EARLIER THIS MONTH AND THEN I JUST KINDA DIDN'T WANNA DO ANYTHING EVER AGAIN BECAUSE OF HOW HARD PCD WAS HITTING ME. I DEAD ASS JUST STAYED IN BED FOR A WEEK STRAIGHT AND DIDN'T DO ANYTHING PRODUCTIVE BECAUSE OF HOW MUCH I MISSED HIM AND DIDN'T WANNA DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN SEE HIM AGAIN. 

ANYWAYS, HEY, HELLO, BONJOUR, IM BACK! HOPE U GUYS LIKED THIS CHAPTER, HE'S NOT BEING SO MUCH OF A DICK ANYMORE!! YOU'RE WELCOME!! I KNOW YOU GUYS WERE DYING FOR HIM TO BE NICE AGAIN. THIS IS AS CLOSE AS IT'S GONNA GET RIGHT NOW. 

Until Next Time,

-xoxo, A