1 - "You Look Like An Angel."

Narrator's POV

SEPTEMBER 29th, 2004

"Austin, it hurts!" The little six year old girl wailed, tears streaming down her face as she rubbed her eyes with her tiny fists. Austin looked up with a sympathetic face comforting her as best he could. There was only so much an eight year old could do.

"I know Mia, it's okay. It'll be over soon." Austin soothed rubbing his thumb over his little companion's leg as he pressed the cotton ball dipped in rubbing alcohol on her small wound that she got from running outside playing tag with him.

"It stings Austin!" Mia cried, her leg quivering as Austin put a bandage over her scrape.

"There. All done." He said, meeting little Mia's eyes giving her a small comforting smile as he wrapped his long arms around her.

"T-Thank you." Mia sniffled thanking her friend for disinfecting her wound, something her parents did usually but this time couldn't, considering the circumstances. Mia wasn't even supposed to be fooling around outside she had homework to do, but little did her parents know her Nana had let her go out for a few minutes with her best friend, Austin Mahone.

"What are you going to be for Halloween this year Mia?" Austin asked trying to divert her attention from her wounded leg. Mia looked up at him wiping her tears with her palms feeling ashamed at herself for crying over a little cut.

Austin gave her a reassuring smile as he hugged her again making her smile and embrace the little boy back.

"An Angel. Mommy got me some pretty wings and a white dress for it." Mia spoke quietly as Austin nodded clapping his hands together mischievously.

"Then I'll be the devil." Austin replied back teasingly making Mia burst out into little giggles.

"That's a great idea! You won't even need a costume because you already are a little devil! You're such a naughty boy!" Mia teased nudging his side with her elbow, as Austin chimed in syncopating his laughter with hers.

Soon Mia had forgotten all about her accident along with her homework which made her parents very frustrated when they found her outside instead of in her room memorizing her spelling words. This earned her a week's worth of grounding, which meant she couldn't see Austin for a week straight. 

OCTOBER 31st, 2004

Mia knocked on Austin's door with her little fist as her mother stood behind her scrolling aimlessly through her Facebook page on her phone. The young girl adjusted her angel wings that were attached to her back and turned her halo headband a bit fixing her hair as she did. The door in front of her opened with ease revealing her long time best friend, Austin Mahone who was indeed dressed like the devil like he said. 

"Are you guys ready to go trick-or-treating?" Mia's mom, Amanda, smiled bending over to ruffle Austin's hair and fix his devil horns which were falling off of his head. Austin nodded eagerly jumping up and down in excitement, his eyes gleaming as he looked at Mia. Michele, Austin's mom appeared behind him greeting Amanda as they made some small talk.