2 - "Angel, It'll Be Alright."

Narrator's POV

June 7th, 2008

"Austin. . . are you. . . okay. . ." Mia asked in confusion as Austin tried to hide his growing problem behind his hands. One minute he was flipping through his dad's magazines and the next he had to cover in between his legs in embarrassment of Mia finding out about his problem. 

"Uh. . . yeah. . . I'm perfectly fine Mia." Austin replied, the back of his eyes stinging with tears, he was so embarrassed of this happening in front of his best friend. . . what would she think of him if she saw, he thought. 

"Can you come back later. . . please. . ." Austin pleaded as Mia cocked her head to the left in confusion. Why was he acting so strange, she thought.

"Do you not wanna hang out with me anymore?" Mia asked in an upset tone making Austin grimace as the pain between his legs got more intense. 

"No, no Angel! That's not it! I just need to do a few things before we can hang out okay. . . so can you please just come back later. . . oh and can you get my dad for me as well. . ." Austin said diminishing any negative thoughts Mia had of him as she nodded sighing. She walked out the door with her head hung low making Austin worry. 

A few minutes later Austin's dad, Charles, walked into his room as Austin explained the situation, his cheeks flushed in a deep red color in embarrassment. Charles educated him a bit more on the topic and told him that he had nothing to worry about, and it was quite natural for men, and women, although they expressed it in another way, to get aroused. After Austin understood the main points he invited Mia over and they finally got to hung out, officially starting their annual summer break together traditionally.

July 5th, 2009

Mia's muffled cries made Austin's heart wrench in pain. He hated seeing her cry. Ever since two years ago; the first time her parent's had a huge fight, Austin had been sneaking into her room to sleep side-by-side with her. 

"Angel, it'll be alright." Austin consoled, pulling her body to his as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"No it wont Austin, everything sucks. I hate life!" Mia whimpered, her fists tightening around Austin's shirt as she gripped onto it trying to calm herself down before her parents heard her.

"Don't say that." Austin's eyebrows pinched together as he looked down at the girl clinging onto him, tears slipping down her little rosy chipmunk cheeks.

Mia sniffled, "It's the truth. People at school think I'm a freak, mom and dad fight almost every day, and I'm pretty sure it's because of me. I can't make anyone happy." 

"You make me happy though, Angel." Austin tried diverting her attention but it didn't work. 

"Yeah, well you're the only one who actually likes me. . ." Mia sniveled.

"Why would people think you're a freak though?" Austin's fingers ran down Mia's covered back. 

"Everyone's already gotten their first kiss. . . except for me. . ." Mia mumbled lowly making Austin blush at the thought of him kissing her, through out the years things had changed. . . he had grown a slight attraction to her. 

"Oh. . . well don't worry Mia. . . I haven't gotten my first kiss either, you're not a freak. It's fine Angel." Austin mollified, kissing the top of her head as Mia suggested that he kiss her which made him grow tense. 

"Mia. . ." Austin started looking down at her, as she looked right back up wiping the tears off of her face as her small hands pulled on Austin's cheeks. His breathing got heavier as she inched closer to his face. . . and then pressed her lips onto his. . . they didn't move their lips, they just stayed still for a few seconds until Mia moved back shyly. Her head cocked to the right, as Austin's heartbeat started up once he had realized what had happened. . . 

. . .Mia had kissed him. . .

. . . She had been his first kiss at the age of thirteen. . . 

This was under 1k words so a short chapter, so due to that I'll make sure you guys get a double update this week. :) 

Until Next Time

-xoxo, A