Chapter Seventeen- Epilogue

Cordially Cordelia

Chapter Seventeen- Epilogue

~~

**Six months later**

September 4th 1903

Cordelia smiled at Gideon taking his hand in hers and bringing it to her swollen stomach, the baby- one she was convinced was a girl- kicked as he put his hand on her stomach. Gideon looked at her with wonder filling his dark blue eyes.

"That's our baby" He said in awe "She's sure moving around a lot." Cordelia smiled, she had gotten Gideon to start calling the baby a girl as well.

"You're tellin' me!" Cordelia said with a laugh "Between Max and Juliet I barely get any shut-eye."

He laughed too, he kissed her stomach and then her forehead "Just think in four more months she'll be in our arms cryin' and keepin' the whole house up."

Max ran in just then "Uncle Iz and Uncle Josh says it's time to go to the church!"

Cordelia ran a hand through Max's wild curls "Alright darlin' go get a toy and your tie and jacket we'll be right there."

Max nodded before running from the room just as quickly as he ran in. She got her light blue shawl from the wardrobe to match her dress and met Gideon's gaze

"Do ya really think he's going ta do this? Marry Lorraine I mean."

Gideon shrugged "Seems that way... at least we got that extra cabin built so we don't have to put up with her every day."

"Gideon Wade!" Cordelia said with a laugh.

"What? Do you really want her in our house day after day turning up her nose at everything?"

"No, I just wish it wasn't too late for Isaac ta find happiness."

Gideon nodded slowly "I wanted him to be as happy as I am with you. Perhaps in time he and Lorraine will grow and learn to actually love one another, we did."

"Yes but Lorraine is just... well awful!"

Gideon nodded in agreement "C'mon darling, we should get going." She nodded and took his hand as they left the house to join Isaac, Josh and Max in the wagon headed for Denver. She was sad to know that Isaac was actually going through with this, she thought of him as a brother and she wanted him to be as happy as she was with Gideon.

Gideon lifted her easily- even though she was five months pregnant- and sat her in the wagon seat next to Max. He climbed in on her other side while Josh, Isaac and Smokey all sat in the back seat. It was a quiet ride into the city, none of the usual singing and humming went on. Perhaps it was because all of them were sad to see Isaac make a mistake that none of them could stop.

Once they stopped at the church Cordelia kissed Gideon and took Max off in search for her mother-in-law December. She decided to let the brothers have bonding time before Isaac got married.

~~ ~~

Gideon smiled as he watched his wife walk hand and hand with their son Max. He loved her more and more each day, sure they still had their disagreements, but who didn't?

He got the life he had wanted since he was a small child, he was a husband and a father and about to be a father for the second time, according to Cordelia this one would be a girl. She was very adamant on naming her "Juliet" and he had to admit he liked the image of a little girl who looked just like her mother being called Jules for short, running around with her older brother.

He wouldn't let his children marry until they were well over eighteen, especially his daughters.

After checking on Cordelia and making sure the preacher was there he made his way back to the small room in the back of the large church where Isaac was getting ready. He was surprised to see his brother sitting down with two letters in hand, he looked practically devastated.