Chapter 3: Why?

Chapter 3

Percy's POV

I was walking around camp, it was a normal afternoon, all the campers were doing their daily routine.

The Ares kids were running to the woods, chasing a hellhound. The Stolls were pulling off another prank at the Demeter Cabin, mainly at the head counselor Katie Gardner.

Some Hermes kids were trying to pickpocket Chiron. The Athena kids were talking about architecture.

The Hephaestus kids were building a large WiFi modem. The Aphrodite kids were taking "selfies". The Hypnos cabin was, well, sleeping. Everything was the same.

It was exactly a week since I last saw Nico, since I, I kissed him. He didn't show up for breakfast and neither did he show up for lunch. He didn't show up during the last capture the flag. This is all my fault.

-flashback-

Nico was chasing me around camp, he was soaking wet and he was wearing his PJ's.

Campers were eyeing us weirdly, some were laughing, and some were screaming "OTP"

I had to rack my brain just to remember the meaning of that acronym.

Hmm. I saw that on Tumblr.

Aha! One True Pairing!

Wait, what?!

I didn't have time to think 'cause Nico summoned a skeleton hand to grab my foot.

Being the awesome person I am, I leaped away from the hand.

Without thinking, I ran to the woods. It was dark inside. Crap

I mentally slapped myself, Nico would shadow travel.

As if proving my point, Nico popped out in front of me and he tackled me to the ground.

I tried moving away from his grasp but, damn, he's gotten stronger.

I looked at him and he was grinning proudly.

His hair stuck out in odd directions, his face was red and he was panting. I could feel his heartbeat through his wet clothes.

As if realizing what he was doing he tried to get up but,

Without thinking, I placed my free hand on the back of his head

"What the he-" he said

But I cut him off, I kissed him full on the lips.

I got worried when he didn't kiss back, I almost broke the kiss apart but then, he moved his lips in sync with mine.

My heart was racing. I was so happy.

He tore himself away from me and his beautiful eyes were wide.

"Percy, I dont under-understand" He stuttered

"I love you Death Breath" the words were out my mouth even before my mind could register them.

His eyes widened more and he scrambled up. He shadow travel to who knows where.

He left me. He kissed me back but, ugh! Did he just reject me?, I was in utter pain. Wow

-end of flashback-

He hates me.

I walked to the sword fighting arena and went to where the dummies were.

I uncapped Riptide and I looked around to see if anyone was around. Thankfully, everyone was preoccupied and if I'm lucky, nobody would even bother to look at me. I started ripping dummies. For each dummy I ripped apart I screamed in frustration.

I sliced the head off the first dummy,

"Why did you have to kiss him?!"

Two, I stabbed the gut of a dummy,

"Why were you so f*cking stupid?"

Three, I ripped off all the limbs of the third dummy,

"Why did you even think he would love you?!"

Four,

"Why do you even love him?!"

Five,

"Just when you had a shot at being friends with him! You just had to kiss him, huh?! Nice going, idiot!"

My vision turned red from rage. I started to rip every single one of the dummies in the arena to shreds.

I stopped, feeling my anger being drained.

I didn't feel tired at all. I saw that all the dummies were destroyed, no limbs were even attached.

I grinned at my beautiful handiwork.

Behind me someone whistled

I turned around to see a grinning Son of Jupiter. He looked pretty impressed.

"Hey Jace" I greeted and I walked towards him

"Well,well Perce. What did they ever do to you?" He joked

"I was just training"

"That was some serious training" He chuckled

"I train pretty seriously" I said narrowing my eyes

He laughed "Oh, and I heard what you were screaming" I glared at him "By accident of course" he continued

I just nodded and looked at the ground.

"So who is 'He'? If I may ask" He questioned.

I sighed "You won't keep a secret" I said walking past him

He snorted "Don't get me started with those 'secrets' Jackson, I've kept a lot more secrets than you ever had"

I looked at him "Really?"

"Yepp" He said popping the 'P'

"So will you keep a secret?" I said softly

He rolled his eyes "Obviously"

I hesitated, I really wanted to share what I'm feeling right now.

So I told him.

I told him about me being imlove with Nico. About the kiss. About me deciding if I'm bi. I told him everything.

After I told him, he stayed silent for three long seconds.

And then his eyes started to sparkle. He was grinning from ear to ear.

"Oh my gods! Finally!" He shrieked in high voice "I tots support you Perce. And I think I have to go" He winked at me and ran to the cabins, he was as fast as lightning *no pun intended*

I stared at his figure getting smaller.

I had to squint to see which cabin he was going to enter. He just passed by his cabin and went inside the Hades cabin.

Gods.

Maybe, he's going to tell Nico! Sh*t. I should have made him swear on the River Styx.

And, I've been seeing them together, a lot. Are they a thing? Gods

Is there something I don't know?