EPILOGUE

Natsu's P.O.V

I took a handful of sand from the ground and lazily poured it across my bare feet. I had come all the way to the beach in my suit, then buried my jacket, vest and shoes in the sand. Someone else can have them.

Clinging onto the collar of my white buttoned shirt, I tried to bury my head in it, my body soaked in sweat from the razing hot sun. Maybe if I try hard enough, I can faint in this sand, or have the will to eat this sand. I hate this sand. I hate this beach, I hate this life-

I slapped myself and groaned, no, I can't hate this life, or this beach. This is the memory of Lucy and you, Natsu! Don't throw that away!

I got up to continue kicking the sand as I walked towards the shore. The guards were looking for me and I knew it. It was surprising that they didn't find me yet. I swear, if they had asked someone like Gray-

Thump!

I stopped walking and looked around, trying to figure out what that sound was. Dumbfounded, I looked at the sand below me, "...Thump?"

There was some groaning and soon a yell of anguish. The voice seemed so... Familiar. Wanting to know who it was, I walked my way towards the sound.

I walked along the shore, waves hitting at my feet as it tried to take away at the shells surrounding me. Mumbling and what sounded like cursing was getting louder to my eyes, and the more I walked, the more it sounded like a girl. The voice... Who is it?!

"Heh....hello?" I stammered as I stopped, trying to get the persons attention. In the distance, I could see a girl wearing a flowing pink dress that looked so familiar, and blonde hair that looked like it was messed up after being so long in the ocean water. Blonde hair, huh...?

Hm....

"Wait... Blonde hair?!?" I shouted. It seemed useless to hope for that, anyone here could have blonde hair. But oh, I hadn't seen blonde hair in such a long time...

"W-what about my blonde hair?!" The girl shouted in return. She stood up, and it seemed her dress was actually drenched in water. I walked closer to try figure out her facial features. Is it really Lucy? No... It can't be, right?!

The girl whipped her hair back and started walking towards me,
"Look here.... Young man? Anyways, I've been having a rough day, and I don't like it if you call me stupid because of my hair color--- wait... Pink hair?!?"

Now I was ticked off,
"W-w-what about my pink hair?! Wait no... It's not pink, it's salmon! Get it right, can't you see-"

Oh, god.

It's....

I stopped in my tracks and stood there, frozen. She stood there speechless too. Her lips, they were trembling. She was clenching tightly to the hem of her skirt. Her dress was clinging onto her body like a thin sheet of wet paper. Her eyelashes, they were glittered with seawater droplets. Her hair was soaked and gelled back from when she whipped it. Her chocolate brown eyes, those deep meaningful eyes... were wavering in shock. I took a step forward, trying to steady myself,

"Lucy, I-"

"Natsu!" She exclaimed as she ran and jumped on me, swinging her arms around my neck. I stood there illy as she clung onto me, sobbing. She was giggling and her breath was hitching, she must've been so full of joy. "Natsu, I missed you so much, I missed being with you! I wanted to, to..." She clung onto me tighter, "to..."