Chapter Seventeen

This song reminds me so much of Jayden and Izzy. Don't yall think so??? I love this song. I especially love the movie it came from ;)

Jaydens POV

Tonight was one of the best nights I ever had. Dancing with Izzy was the best part of it all. The way she was watching the married couple share their first dance, made me want to do that with her. I saw the guy singing along to the song to his new bride. It inspired me and I noticed how Izzy was admiring them. It was like she wished that would happen to her. I felt the lyrics to the song aim for my own heart. So that's why I wrapped Izzy in my embrace and sang to her. It was a way to show her how much I care without saying the words.

Later on when we danced, I felt something I have been missing. It hit me that she's my missing piece. All these years, the girls I went out with only wanted to be with me because of who I'm related to. Or either for my looks.

They also had money, but I never wanted that. The times that my father tried to set me up with a few, I grew to hate this lifestyle. I admit I hated being in a rich family, so I would do careless things to prove to them I didn't care.

Since I been spending more time with Izzy, the more real I felt. She's so much fun to be around. I feel like I'm a actual person and not a rich guy. She don't care about money. At times, it feels as if she tries hold herself back from me. I have been taking it slow and trying to show her I want to be a better person.

After all of us ended our own party, we headed back inside. I see Izzy walking ahead with Vicky. I hope she will allow me to sleep with her again. That's another thing I love about her, she don't show interest in being sexual with me. And I have no urge to rush her into it. Also it was really good waking up to her beautiful face this morning. She looks beautiful during any part of the day.

I walk a little faster to catch up to her. I follow Izzy in the house as Vicky heads to the employee living quarters. Something seems off about her right now., because she keeps walking like she had no plan to wait on me.

I grab her hand as I get close enough. "Izzy."

She stops walking and glances back at me. "What?" she responds.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yea, just tired." she looks down at our hands.

"Izzy, talk to me. Is something wrong?" I whisper.

"There's nothing to talk about." she pulls her hand away and begins to walk away.

"Well why the change of mood. You were having fun a few minutes ago and now your back to avoiding me." I exclaim. "What did I do?" I beg.

She ignores me and keep walking.

I don't understand this girl at all. I feel defeated. I give up and just leave her alone tonight. I hope whatever's wrong, is fixed tomorrow.

I watch her walk up the stairs and disappear from my view. If she wants to be like that, I wont stop her this time.

Instead of going up to bed, I decide to go sit outside for awhile. I go to unlock the door but see its already unlocked. That's odd. Mom should have made sure it's locked before going to bed. She always does.

I open the door and step out onto the porch. The peaceful night air welcomes me once again. Sitting out here on the porch, has a tendency to calm my nerves.

But tonight, it makes me remember finding Izzy sleeping on the swing.

"Can't sleep?" someone asks in the silence of the night.

I turn to the source and see my mom sitting on the wooden swing. The same swing I found Izzy on.

"Mom, what are you doing out here this time of night." I wonder.