Chapter Seven

Time flies by while getting everything ready for the wedding. Luckily no more problems other than the roses.

Sawyers mother came to deliver the roses. Bill thanked her like he said he would.

He hung around for an hour or two but told me I was in charge for the rest of the time. He retreated back into the house shortly after, saying he wasn't feeling too good. Margie and Scarlet stayed inside, thank goodness. I couldn't handle either if them glaring at me or watching me like a hawk, expecting me to mess up.

I haven't seen Jayden either, which kinda bothers me. I've tried to be extra busy making sure everything gets done, instead of thinking about him.

I'm sitting on one of the rocking chairs on the back porch, taking a break, finally. Its about 3 in the afternoon.

The sound of someone coming outside causes me to hope it's someone particular, but I look over and that hope is popped.

A woman with blonde hair dressed in yoga pants and t-shirt steps out and stands on the porch. She examines the back yard decorations and smiles. She turns her head in my direction and notices me sitting here, so she casually walks over to me.

"Beautiful isnt it?" she smiles, sounding impressed with the set up.

"Yes it is." I agree.

"Whoever's behind this, done a great job." She says staring off into the yard.

"Well, our goal was to make sure it's perfect." I say proudly.

She looks back to me. "Did you help do this?"

"I'm Isabelle. Mr Huntington's assistant. Yes, I helped make sure everything is how the bride wants it." I tell her.

She smiles. "Its definitely perfect. It's actually better than I imagined my wedding to be."

What she said occurs to me. Her wedding? She's the bride?

"Your the bride?" I ask.

"Yes. I'm Celine." she beams.

"Its so nice to meet you." I stand up. "Your ideas are wonderful. I'm so glad we done everything perfect and you like it. And congratulations on your big day." I ramble like a crazy fan.

She laughs. "Thank you."

"Celine!" The bride turns around and we see an older lady storming over to us. "You need to get inside and get ready." she orders and grabs her hand.

The bride, Celine, looks back at me. "Nice meeting you. I must go, but I hope to see you out there with us."

"Uh, I didnt know I could." I tell her as the other woman is pulling her away.

"Of course you can. I better see you sitting in the crowd." she disappears in the house.

She wants me there? I've never been to a wedding, so joining this one that I helped set up, it makes me feel honored. I smile to myself.

"What are you smiling at?" I hear Jayden ask.

I turn my head to see him standing at the bottom of the steps. My smile fades.

"The bride wants me to join the wedding party." I reply.

He doesn't respond, as if he doesn't care, so I shake my head and start walking away. But he stops me.

"Isabelle...... why were you crying earlier? Did I scare you or something?" he asked.

Of course there's no reason for me to explain it to him. He wouldn't understand my past or my mother. That's something I try to leave behind me.

"Or something." I respond back and head inside the house, hoping he leaves my answer at that.

Thankfully he doesn't follow me. Today I realized I don't need him. So the less he knows about me, the better. No matter how much it hurts to say that.

6 o clock comes around and I sit down in a vacant chair on the back row of the ceremony. I observe the family and friends of the bride and groom, greet each other and find their own seat. The best thing is, not a single person is giving me a second glance, curious as to who I am or why I'm watching the wedding.

Soon, its time for the bridal walk. The groom is standing under the arch with the preacher, staring off this way like he sees the best thing in the world.

Tightness in my chest forms for wanting to see a man look at me that way. Since this is my first wedding, I just learned something about it. It sucks attending one being single.

I twist my body around to see Celine slowly stroll down the aisle, with her arm resting on her fathers arm. I'm assuming that's her father. I turn back to the groom and see his love struck expression. I can feel the love they share all the way back here, and I don't even know them. It's magical.

Everyones eyes remain on her as she reaches her husband to be.

The preacher begins with the introduction speech about marriage. They both repeat the vows, while gazing into each other's eyes. I'm sure they feel as if their the only ones out here.

Next is the ring exchange, then the preacher pronounces them husband and wife, they kiss sweetly and I feel a hint of jealousy.

I want that kind of love one day. You can see the love shine from that kiss. It makes me look away, but as I do, I spot Bill, Jayden and Brandon standing towards the back.

My eyes fixate on Bill and think I might be in trouble for sitting here, but he just smiles as to say 'Your fine'. My eyes land on Brandon and he gives me a wink.

Then my eyes finally land on Jayden, and he stands there emotionless, staring at me. I turn back around and clap as the preacher introduces the guest as Mr and Mrs. But I can still feel his eyes on me.

The bride and groom walks down the aisle, hand in hand as husband and wife, while everyone stands, claps and cheers. Celine happens to notice me and smiles. I smile back and mouthed 'congrats'.

Everyone begins walking over to the tables, where the food is being served. I get up and go to stand with Bill.

"Enjoying yourself dear?" He leans over to ask me.

I felt guilty for sitting there like I was part of the wedding, but I was invited by the bride so I had no choice.

"I met the bride earlier and she invited me and told me she better see me out here so..." I explain so he doesn't think I showed up on my own free will.

He chuckles. "Your not a maid Isabelle. You can join anything you want now. Your not in trouble. And you were invited, so you had every right to be here. Your a main source to this beautiful wedding. Enjoying it is nothing to be ashamed of." He smiles.

I'm surprised with these special rights now. I was always in the shadows but now I'm able to be in the light. I'm just not used to it yet.

"Go have some fun Isabelle. I'm going to be heading back inside soon. I'll see you tomorrow. Oh, and don't you worry about working tomorrow. You done a great job this week, so take tomorrow off." He puts a hand on my shoulder and gives it a light squeeze. "Relax Isabelle." He says then drops his hand, and walks off.