Chapter Ten

After watching Jayden run off after jumping out my window like a crazy person, and being okay after the landing, I go and sit down on my bed.

I ponder on the almost kiss. I don't understand why I didn't try to stop him. His eyes locked on mine kept me paralyzed. I couldn't move a muscle. Part of me wanted it to happen, but then again, I was scared of what could happen afterwards. It may change our building friendship. This morning has been the best morning I've ever had.

Jayden was so relaxed and carefree. I was enjoying his company watching movies. Up until that almost kiss.

I don't know if Brandon interrupting us was a sign or not. But he didn't know Jayden was in here with me. I cant tell him or anyone. Another secret maybe.

I already changed into my blue jeans and dream catcher tank top earlier, so I get up and leave the room instead of remembering this morning.

I begin going down the stairs when Jayden is coming up. We both stop and look at each other. Neither one of us says a word. He opens his mouth like he wants to say something, but John interrupts him.

"Hello Isabelle, Jayden." he greets both of us coming down the stairs behind me.

Jayden looks away and greets John with a manly nod of the head and keeps walking up the stairs.

I won't take a look back so I smile and act natural. "John. How are you today?"

"Fine. Did I interrupt something?" he asks, following Jayden with his eyes.

"No." I reply naturally. I cant let anyone know Jayden and I share any secrets.

"Heading to lunch?" he changes the subject.

"Yea, wanna join me? I eat in the kitchen with the employees."

"Sure." he agrees.

We walk down to the kitchen.

He met Paula already but not Harris. I introduce them and to the other ones he hasn't met. Joey is in here too and surprised seeing John walk in here.

"Why is he here? He's a guest." Joey asks me as soon as John steps away.

"Its fine Joey. I invited him. I can't allow him to eat in the dinning room alone." I tell him.

"Izzy," Brandon magically appears in front of me and pulls me aside. "What is going on with you?"

I shake my head. "Nothing."

His eyes never leave mine. "Izzy, I care for you like a brother, and if there is something going with you, I wanna know."

"I'm fine." I tell him, but the way he was staring at me, he knows I'm hiding something.

He slowly nods his head like he is letting it go, and goes to sat down at the kitchen table.

Paula carries a plate of fresh baked garlic bread and places it in the middle, next to a big bowl of spaghetti. It smells heavenly. I start walking to the table, but get pulled back by Vicky this time. I'm now getting mad and frustrated. I want food, everyone wants to talk to me!

"I need to talk to you." she whispers and beg me with her eyes.

Her behavior is different so my growling tummy can be wait.

She takes my hand and leads us to the back door of the kitchen. We step outside and she shuts the door.

"Brandon kissed me last night." she says as soon as we're alone.

My eyes open in shock, remembering he was drunk last night too. "He doesn't remember does he?"

She shakes her head. "Izzy, my heart completely stopped and I felt nothing but butterflies in my stomach. The way he is acting this morning, is like a bucket of cold ice water dumped on my head. I know he doesn't remember. He was wasted last night."