Chapter Five

It's dinner time and I'm currently sitting at the table with the Huntington's.

After I left his office earlier, I headed straight to the kitchen and hung out with Vicky and Brandon. Both were completely shocked that I was invited to sit with them tonight. They both agreed for me to just do as he requested. Brandon will be there so I won't be alone.

While Margie keep an eye on me and Scarlet holds her normal glare, Bill sits casual enjoying his meal. Brandon is beside me and every now and then, he looks my way, holding back a laugh. I give him a shut up face and continue eating. It's awkward silence, until Scarlet opens her mouth.

"Dad, why is SHE here?" she hisses.

Bill glares over to her. "Scarlet, that's no way to treat a guest. I invited her. She is my new assistant, so she has a right to be invited for dinner." he responds and flashes me a wink.

He just pretty much stood up to her, defending me. Is it wrong of me to feel kinda good about it?

Scarlet lets out a heavy breath of air. She's not liking this, at all. I'm loving it!

If someone else had joined us, then he would have asked the same thing. That's right, Jayden is the missing person. He must have heard that I was invited for dinner, so skipped out completely.

No one spoke for the rest of our meal. Once everyone was finished, Vicky comes out to clear the plates. She smiles at me when she comes over to get my plate. She knows the rule about not being allowed to speak out of place, so she remains silent. Yet I can see her wheels turning, itching to about this.

I thank him for inviting me, and we all leave the dinner table, but I escape to the kitchen with Brandon right behind me.

"Omg, that was a very entertaining." he spoke up first.

"No it wasn't" I reply back.

Paula and Harris rush off in different directions as we enter the kitchen. Brandon and i share a look at the exact moment. He raises an eyebrow at their behavior. I hold my grin back because I have a feeling we interrupted something.

"Mrs Paula? Mr Harris? Is a....everything alright?" Brandon asks.

Both answer "Yes of coarse" at the same time, glances at each other and quickly returns back to working. But the twinkle in Harris's eye, and her attempt to hide her blush doesn't go unnoticed by me.

Vicky and the rest of the staff come into the kitchen a minute later. Paula turns on the radio and one of my favorite songs is playing.

'I know it breaks your heart/moved to the city in a broke down car and/ four years, no calls/ now your looking pretty in a hotel bar and/ I, I, I cant stop'

I cheer along with Vicky and Tiffany and we break out to singing along

'So baby pull me closer in the back seat of your rover/ that I know you cant afford/ bite that tattoo on your shoulder/ pull the sheets right off the corner of that mattress that you stole/ from your roommate back in boulder/ we ain't never getting older'

Brandon sings along and reaches for Vicky. They dance together and so does Sawyer and Tiffany. Joey comes over to me and offers his hand, I agree.

This is how we ended the night. Dancing in the kitchen to relieve any stress. I can never be happier than I am now when I'm with them. They make up for the family I never had. Nothing or nobody will ever take their place.

Later on at night, I lay in my bed. I have been tossing and turning for the past two hours. The bath I took before I got into bed didn't help like it usually does.