THE TRUTH

CHAPTER 19

I stood outside her door and was about to knock when I decided against it. I opened the door and went into the room. I looked around but she wasn't there. I turned around to leave when the bathroom door opened. She came out with a towel wrapped around her. I gulped and I felt my face heating up with embarrassment. I didn't know where to look so I shut my eyes tightly. I heard a yelp coming from her and then heard her running back to the bathroom and locking it. I opened my eyes slowly and I felt terrible for scaring her like that. She must think I'm a sick perverted person I thought miserably. I went to the door and knocked on it gently.

" I..I'm sorry Elisa. I umm..I umm..lookididntknowyouwasintehbathroomandineededtotalktoyouimsorry " the words coming out in a jumble. I groaned and banged my forehead against the door in embarrassment.

" I'm sorry Elisa, please come out " I said gently. I heard some shuffling around and then silence again and then a sniffling noise.

" I'm really sorry. I swear I didn't know, I'm so stupid. Just come out please " I pleaded with her. It went quiet again and I felt myself panic slightly. I knocked on the door.

" Elisa please just come out. I swear I didn't see anything " the panic in my voice coming through.

I heard something but wasn't sure what it was. I stopped knocking on the door and put my ear against the door this time. I heard the lock open and I sighed in relief. The door opened about an inch.

" My clothes " she said quietly.

" Huh ? " I asked clearly confused to what she meant.

" My clothes. I need my clothes. They are on the umm bed " she said quietly but sounded clearly emabarrssed. I hand palmed my face in embarrassment and at my stupidity. I cleared my throat.

" Of course. I'm sorry I should have known " I said quickly and went to the bed to pick up her clothes for her. I picked up the clothes and handed them to her through the slightly opened door. She took them from me and shut the door quickly and I heard the lock click again. I walked back to her bed and sat down on the edge. I'm such a idiot, why didn't I just knock I thought angrily.

" Because you're an idiot ? " Blaze chuckled. I rolled my eyes and huffed.

" Thanks Blaze. You're always so honest with me " the sarcasm dripping with my words.

" You're an idiot because she was practically naked and you didn't even look at her, instead you shut your eyes. What's wrong with you Tate ? " Blaze said dryly.

" Blaze I scared the crap out of the girl and you want me to ogle at her ? " totally amazed by his perverted thinking.

" Yes " he said without any shame. I let out a frustrated sigh and ran my hands through my hair.

" Blaze ? honestly dude ? I don't understand you sometimes " i mumbled. He just let out another chuckle.

" I'm just......" I cut him off before he really got out of control. " Just shut up Blaze " I hissed at him slightly irritated by his thoughts.

I heard the door opening and she came out walking nervously with her head hung down. She was wearing grey coloured skinny jeans and a black coloured hoodie. The hood pulled over her head. I coughed trying to clear my throat, while she shuffled from one foot to the other nervously.

" Elisa we need to talk " I said in a serious tone and stood up. She stiffened slightly when I said that and stood their quietly. I walked up to her and stood in front of her. Her scent hitting me full blown now, she smelt like fresh raspberries. I inhaled it to calm my self down and to calm Blaze down who was panting like a dog. I put my hand under her chin and raised her face up so I could see her. She looked up hesitantly and met my eyes, her grey eyes looking scared and confused. I gave her a small smile to reassure her. Her eyes softened at the gesture and she smiled back but still looked nervous. I breathed in deeply trying to think of a way how to approach this subject with her but Blazes panting was putting me off.