TATE

CHAPTER 10

I tossed and turned all night, I couldn't sleep, she was on my mind the whole time, her face flashing before my eyes, her beautiful grey eyes, so much sadness, so much pain in them, and when her hat came off, oh moon goddess what did I do ? The guilt of hitting her was killing me inside, I had never hit a girl before, she was the first. I just wanted to scare her into talking instead I hurt her more than she already was.

I sighed heavily and looked at the time, it was four in the morning, I decided to give up on trying to sleep, and went to have a shower. I came out and put on a pair of dark jeans and a black hollister T-shirt, and looked in the mirror, when I was satisfied I headed downstairs.

After making myself a black coffee, I sipped from it, still thinking about her. After a while I pulled out a pan from the cupboard and took some food out from the fridge, and made a omelette ( this is the only thing I knew how to cook ), I made some toast, and poured the steaming coffee into a mug. I placed them on a tray and made my way into the basement where she was. The guard opened the door and I nodded for him to open the cell.

I walked in and placed the tray on the small table, I looked at her and she was asleep, I chuckled when I saw the hat on her head. The damn hat I thought. I coughed hoping she would hear me, and she stirred a little, but then went still again. I could hear her faint breathing. I approached her slowly and touched her on the arm, a slight tingle went up my arm, it wasn't strong but I definitely felt the effect. I let out a small gasp at the feeling.

I shook her slightly and coughed a little, she stirred and opened her grey eyes in a flash, when she saw me, she sat up and stiffened, her eyes filled with terror. I immediately took a step back and raised my hands telling her I wasn't going to hurt her. She looked at me with confusion, relaxing slightly, but still a little bit apprehensive.

" H hi ? " I said slowly whilst watching her carefully, she didn't reply and stared back at me a little scared.

" Umm .. Ummm I umm thought you might be hungry ? " I told her pointed towards the tray of food, her gaze followed my hand and landed on the tray and then looked at me with confusion. I scratched my head a bit sheepishly, and she was watching me with uncertainty.

I coughed to clear my throat as she was making me nervous with her gaze.

" Food ? Umm..I mean...I made you some breakfast, as you ... I thought ... Umm because .. Umm..." I sighed. " look I bought you some food, I'm sure you must be hungry ? " I told her finally and picked up the tray to give to her, she watched it with suspicion and then at me.

" Oh n no ... Its not poisoned of anything ..... I promise " I said trying to convince her. She looked between me and the tray a few times, and then hesitantly took the tray from my hands. I sighed in relief and went and sat down on the chair. She looked at the food and then back at me as if asking for permission to eat it.

" please...enjoy " I told her. She put a piece of it in her mouth and chewed slowly, still looking at me warily, but then she wolfed it down pretty fast, and cleaned the plate within a few minutes. She drank the coffee but her eyes still watching me with suspicion.

" It's the only thing I can cook, when the cook wakes up I will bring something nicer for you " I told her sheepishly. Her eyes lit up a little at the mention of more food, which bought a small smile to my lips.

I got up from the chair, which made her jump a little, the tray on her lap shaking.

" I was going to take the tray ? "I told her softly, her eyes softened a little at my words.

I took the tray and accidently brushed my hand on her thigh, another tingle shot up my arm, this was one a little stronger than before, we both gasped a little at the touch. Her eyes clouding with confusion and so did mine.