Mourning

Sam

My eyes shoot open and I let a roar out of me when I see that I'm not yet out of my nightmare. Jett's face fills my vision, looking concerned. I can't trust it. I'm still dreaming.

"Sam?"

I flinch away from his voice. I'm suddenly lifted slightly and surrounded by a warm body. I look back over my shoulder and see Jett pressing his cheek into my shoulder, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling my back into his front. I quiver slightly.

"What are you doing?" I manage to utter. He scrunches his eyebrows together.

"Why?"

"You hate me."

He pulls me right on top on him so I'm looking down at him. "Sam, I couldn't hate you even if I wanted to."

"Even after I..."

Jett blinks at me for a few agonising moments of silence, then finally he nods, "even after you..."

A tear trickles down my face, shamefully enough. "I'm sorry, Jett. I should have told you earlier."

He puts his arms around me even more so and holds me close to his chest, "I know. You should have told me earlier, but we're not here to dwell on that."

"I'm sorry..." I say again.

"Hush you. Your apologizing is unnecessary right now, babe."

I let out a shaky breath and relax in his embrace. "Where did you go?"

"I went to tie up a few loose strings. You won't see Bethany or Riley ever again, don't worry about them."

I lift my head and look at him, "did you kill them?"

His eyes grow wide, "what kind of mate do you take me for? Of course not. I banished them." He pulls me back down again. "Alpha Jett, kinda has a ring to it."

"Sure does."

In the morning I find that Jett and I have swapped places, I'm underneath him with Jett in a curled up position on me. I bear a small smile at his sleeping face. I know that Jett will find it extremely difficult to come to terms with what I did. But if he decides it's too much, that's his choice. I can't alter that. I'll have to accept it in the best possible way that I can. I'm just grateful that he's with me now. The soft sound of a sob interrupts my thoughts and I know immediately that it's Felicity. I gently ease Jett off of me and move to the porch. Felicity is sitting there, with her forehead resting on her knees - trying to conceal her sobs.

I don't say anything, I just sit beside her and pull her towards me in a hug. I rest my chin of her hair, never letting her go.

She clings onto me as though if she let go she'd perish.

We stay there like that for quite a long time. Benjamin comes out later and announces that he's going to bring Caleb home if we'd like to come. Felicity shakes her head adamantly.

I understand.

From a young age she hasn't been able to cope with death very well. Anyone's really.

She can't look at bodies.

Being near someone who is dead practically kills her inside. I understand that she can't bear to see Caleb in his final form. Jett woke up at that point and decided to go to help. Once Benjamin leaves with Caleb and Jett, Felicity lifts her head.

"I... I couldn't... I can't. I..." she's stuttering. I pull her back to me.

"Ssh, I know, I know."

The rest of the day progresses like that. I'm quite concerned when I don't hear anything back from Jett and Benjamin by sunset. I bring Felicity to bed and sit with her for a bit until she falls asleep. Then I just wait. Jett bursts in the door around midnight with a frantic expression. Benjamin isn't with him. I jump up.

"What's wrong?" I ask, going over to him. Jett catches his breath, grasps my shoulders and kisses me roughly.

"We need to get out of here. Now."

"What? What's wrong? What happened?" I fire questions at him blindly as he hunts around the place for a bag. He grabs one from the cupboard and starts packing in blankets. I decide to be useful and show him one of the rooms that my mom used to keep clothes and supplies stacked up for the pack in case of emergencies.

"Benjamin's been arrested in the accusation of murdering Caleb. They saw me with him and now they're looking for me. I abandoned the car back there and ran back here in my wolf form but I think they'll trace us back here."

"How?" I ask, throwing him a t-shirt. We wouldn't need much. Just a spare change of clothes for when we got out of our wolf forms.

"I don't know. There was something up with them. I just know they know."

"I'll wake Feli." I rush to her room and gently shake her.

"Sammy...?"

"Feli, we gotta go. Like now." I yank her out of the bed, "grab any change of clothes you want, okay? Jett has the bag."

She rummages around the room under my instructions, "Sam what's happening?"

I hear a knock at the door. "Open up!" a gruff voice shouts through. Jett rushes in with the bag.

"Yeah we gotta leave."

*

LONG IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE.

Votes : 89

From a source I have found out that someone has been copying my story. I will not say who told me, or who is copying but I will say that even though this story is utter crap - it's my utter crap. Need I put a C thingy at the start of each chapter to remind people that it's copyrighted? Gah, this really got on my nipples and continues to do so. I was/am considering deleting this story. But I think I've come too far with it to do so.

To those who don't copy or anything like that, thank you for reading. I'm sorry for the later update but recently a family member of mine died and well you know how that is. But he's not in pain anymore so that's good (:

I just found myself relating to Felicity so much in this chapter. I think I poured my emotions into her perception if I'm to be honest.

Also it was my birthday a few days ago. Y'know danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil from youtube? My most amazing friend got me their t-shirts, so Nomy be styling.

I apologize again for the wait and the rant about the copying.

Anyway, what do you think?

Plus, I'm curious. How old do you guys think I am?

I'll reveal in the next chapter.

Love you all.