Messed Up

I learnt a lot about Jett today. His severe insecurity and fear of that complete imbecile Caleb. I have met concrete walls with more intellect than that boy. The fact that he has so much power over Jett makes my blood boil. Any time someone even looked at Jett today in a threatening way for a split second I made sure they never did so again.

No one threatens my Jett.

I sound overly protective but that is how serious I am over this boy.

It saddens me to say that everytime I overheard some girl talking about how hot Jett is or how much they would like to get down and dirty with him I felt insanely jealous. 

I watch Jett’s tall, lean but wearied figure after the school day, walking in front of me, refusing to be anywhere near me because of how I make him feel. Not that it'll do much use. Hell, I've tried long enough.

At least I’ve gotten him to admit to something that he feels. What he feels isn’t a fraction of what I feel. Ever since he left that day twelve years ago I have felt a compelling urge to follow him.

Of course I knew where he was the entire time. But it was the pack that held me back. Even at that age I had known that two males being mates was unheard of and would be shunned.

And I couldn’t do that to Jett.

If we’re ever found out Jett will immediately loose his rights as alpha and we’d be separated. But luckily enough the only person who may figure us out is a reliable source, who would never tell on me.

We’re safe as houses. Just as long as the rest of the change doesn’t kill Jett. My fists clench up. If that ever happens I would plunge a silver knife into my heart in its final beats. A bit drastic? Not at all. It doesn’t scratch the surface of how much he means to me. Jett’s house comes into view and I sigh. It’s time to make my leave. Jett turns around to me.

“Um, thanks about today,” he says in his smooth yet awkward voice. It always sends tingles down my spine.

I smile and walk up to him. I place my lips on his before he can object and my lips feel like they are in being submerged in a bubbly liquid, sending blissful bubbles all through my body. I’m the one that pulls back, afraid that I’ll pass out from pure bliss. Jett leans forward, chasing after my lips with his eyes shut with a sleepy expression. Sadly, he soon snaps out of it and runs inside without a word. I smile sadly to myself.

I should have waited for him to feel more comfortable about this but I couldn’t help myself. The way his feather soft black hair and large innocent grey eyes. His cheek bones that could be compared to knives and his soft lips that have been driving me crazy since the day I was in his room. I have to admit, I feel a bit creepy about that but I thought his reaction would be a little different than what exactly went down. I shove my hands in my pockets and continue walking until I hear soft footsteps behind me.

I smile to myself.

“I can hear you, you know,” I say without turning around, knowing fully who is stalking me.

“Just testing your abilities,” came the reply. I turn around to see the closest friend, and only, friend I have ever had. Felicity. She grins up at me from her petite stance of five foot. She has wild frizzy brown hair, as brown as her skin and eyes. Her hair is quite troublesome when she shifts.

"You doubt my abilities?" I ask, pretending to be offended. She smirks. 

“How was school?” I ask her. Feli had been my backup in the school. But due to her eighteen years she had to enroll in an older year.