Shock Horror

Felicity 

The first thing I thought of when Sam left was, I’m hungry. And so I set out on a mission to find some food. I still have some money left from that summer job I got last year so why not splash out and get some of the unhealthy junk food society seems so obsessed with. I smile to myself when I think about Sam and Jett. They’re mates. Obvious statement, I know. But I am thrilled for them. Sam has always been quiet and withdrawn from the pack and society, sometimes even me. Even more so since he was crowned omega. I know that what happened wasn’t his fault. Sam and the pack believed it was. So every piece of abuse Sam receives, he believes that he deserves it.

It suddenly occurs to me that knew where Jett was all that time ever since Jett left, Sam has known where he was. But he didn’t find him in fear of endangering both of their lives.

That says Sam all over.

He puts people before himself even if it causes him pain. I bite my lip and skip along. Sam and Jett are probably doing the dirty right now. I giggle to myself, then shake my head. I have been reading way too many slashes. A sign for a diner flashes in front of me and I make my way over. The smell of freshly brewing coffee and grease meets me with a big ol’ slap to the face. I scoot into a booth just as a lady in a stained apron comes over with a notebook and pot of coffee.

“What can I get you?” she asks in the most monotone and bored voice I have ever heard.

“Um coffee and pancakes with strawberries please,” I grin to myself as she walks away. I haven’t had pancakes and strawberries since I was a child. Come to think of it, since my mother and I joined Bethany’s pack. We joined when I was seven, so a year after Jett left Sam. I remember Sam profoundly. Always a small child and on the skinny side, he kept to himself. Even at my young age I noticed that the pack had treated him differently. With cruelty and no remorse. His own father had drawn his blood. That made me feel sick. I hadn’t cared that he was the omega and I still don’t. I think the pack placements are stupid and meaningless. Who gives them the right to crown someone the scum of the pack? No one. Everyone makes mistakes. The accident was partially Sam’s. Not all. Even though everyone blames him.

The waitress comes back, pulling me out of my thoughts, and places a heaping plate of pancakes, strawberries and cream. I almost let out a cry of joy as I take my first bite.

So damn good.

Although, after eating in wolf form for a few weeks anything would taste good to your human senses. Suddenly my coffee mug gets filled up by a different server. I look up, with a mouthful of pancake to see a guy with short brown hair, broad shoulders and strong jaw line. I drop the pancake in my hand as I keep my eyes on him. His eyes widen, looking at me. He puts down the coffee, long forgotten. My chest feels tight and it’s hard to breath.

I have to make sure.

I reach out and touch his hand. He takes a sharp intake of breath, as do I. Vibrant colours spread out from where I’m touching him.

Oh God.

His eyes fly back up to my face. “What...” he begins but he trails off, loosing thought. 

I yank my hand back, in pure shock. I stand up slowly and he steps closer to me, feeling that irresistible draw to me. I take his hand again, seeing the colours and pull him out of the diner. He follows without hesitation. Once we’re outside I can’t help myself from pulling his head down to mine to reach my lips. He seeps into my kiss, putting his arms around me. Oh God. Everything feels on fire. I latch my hands in his hair, trying to get him as close as possible. I pull back, resisting everything to catch my breath.

“Felicity,” I whisper to him. He caresses my face with his hand, gently.

 “Caleb,” he pauses and gulps, “Jesus, you’re beautiful.”

I smile. No one has ever called me that before.

“Why can’t I let go of you?” he asks. I look up at him, tracing his face with my fingers.

“Because we’re mates, Caleb," I tell him softly. 

He lets out a shaky  laugh, “I don’t know what that is but right now I don’t care.”

Looking back up into his eyes once again I realise that I’ve seen him before. Vaguely. My eyes grow wide and I push him away. I know exactly who he is.

I run as fast as my legs can carry me.

“Felicity!” he calls after me.

I don’t stop running until I reach the forest again. I go deep in and slump down against a tree and hold my head in my hands, letting the tears fall. I sob to myself. I should be so happy. I should be thrilled. After eighteen years of waiting I’ve found my mate.

But I’m hurt that he’s the one that has been making Jett’s life a living hell.

And that Sam hates him with a passion for doing so. 

Sam had said, and I quote, ‘If he comes near Jett or myself again I will rip him to shreds and feed him to the pack.”

I let out a gut wrenching sob.

Sam and Jett are going to hate me. I wipe away my tears. Unless I can avoid Caleb. I let out another cry because I know that’s close to impossible. You can’t avoid your mate. You can sure as hell try. But you won’t succeed.

I can’t tell Sam. 

*

Omfg what?! What is this?!

Mwahaha. Any reactions to all of this? 

And one more thing to omfg about. 50 votes?! You guys are my heroes.  

Picture is of Felicity and Caleb. And yes they are played by Antonia Thomas and Iwan Rheon, both from Misfits. They're just too awesome.

Right so limit for next chapter is stil 40. 

And I'd appreciate the feedback. *les hugs* 

<3 ^.-.^