Chapter 6: Clear paths

"Ceddy. Go see if Annabel want something to drink." Trinity encouraged her son, who was carrying a piece of paper around the kitchen.

"Okay Mum." Cedric smiled happily leaving to room.

"Ced found a photo of you and Cedric at the yule ball." Alyssa said. Surprise crossed her face. "I told him everything that he asked. I think he understands for now but you may have more questions later in life, but that's expected of a child-"

"Alyssa, your daughter has Queenie's ability." Trinity said suddenly.

"W-What?"

"I didn't want to believe it but it's true," Trinity said to her friend. "Your daughter can read minds. She has a Goldstein trait, and it's very powerful it seems."

"Can I just have a normal child like you and Mark?" Alyssa groaned. "How do we go about this? This is very powerful magic."

Cedric walked up stairs and knocked on Annabel's door.

"Come in! A familiar voice spoke. Cedric took the picture folded it 4 times and shoved it into his pocket before he entered. Annabel was unpacking some of her robes into the drawers.

"Did you get busted?" Cedric said

"Your Mum still has my book so I consider that busted. What about you did they find the picture?"

"Yeah but unlike you I just showed them the picture and I didn't hide it" Cedric said while jumping onto her bed causing all the flannels to float up. " How are you feeling?" Cedric asked scooting the tissues away.

"Better I haven't sneezed in 5 mins but you know how much I hate to be sick."she said pushing the last drawer in and falling inter her bed on the other side of the bed where Cedric is sitting.

"Annabel I have to tell you something but you have to promise not to say anything"

"You should tell Kayden. Go from there." Trinity stood. "Cedric dear, it's time to go!" Trinity called.

"Leaving already?" Alyssa asked. "You haven't even eaten."

"Oliver is going to be getting home soon." Trinity smiled as her son grabbed his hand. "Besides, I think we all have some talking to do." Trinity glanced up at Annabel who peeked her head around the corner.

"Kayden I knew it, I knew our daughter had other abilities. I always thought it was seeing the future but this 'ability' I never thought about it." Alyssa rampled

"I would die to have that ability." Kayden added

"Kayden focus, our daughter has the ability to read minds. What if she reads kids minds and they are thinking bad things or what if-"

"Think it's weird, that might be one reason she hasn't told us." Kayden said. Both parents gazed up the stairs were the daughters bedroom light switched off.

"Be good." Alyssa hugged Annabel tightly.

"I have been for the past three years, why is this year any different?" Annabel laughed hugging her back.

"Fourth year was a rough year for your mother." Kayden answered hugging his daughter. "The only good that came out of it was the Yule ball."

"I forgot I get to go to that now!"

"With your friends," Kayden spoke quickly. "No boys." He glared at Annabel who laughed.

"Cedric's a guy dad, and he's my friend. Can I go with him?"

"Cedric... Yes. He is fine"

"What about me?" The brown haired boy asked, joining the conversation.

"We were talking about the Yule Ball." Annabel smiled.

"Ugh worst night of my life." Oliver groaned, putting his hands on Cedric's shoulders.

"Really?"

"Yeah." Oliver chuckled. "I got into a fight with that Krum guy. It was not pretty."

"I heard about that," Kayden nodded.

"You got into a fight dad?" Cedric asked. Oliver cleared his throat.

"Enough of that. It's time for you to go." Oliver said pushing his son towards the train.

"Tell Mum I said bye." Cedric said, waving towards his dad.

"Bye Annabel!" Alyssa waved. Her daughter waved back before pulling Cedric onto the train with her to go find their friends.

"Where is Trinity?" Kayden asked. Oliver looked at them with a hard face.

"There was a meeting called last night around midnight at the Ministry." Oliver said as the three started off the platform. "Potter specifically asked for her to be there."

"Do you know why?" Alyssa asked.

"You didn't hear it from me," Oliver said quietly so only they could hear. "There are whisper 'You-know-who' is back."

"Voldemort?" Alyssa said horrified. Oliver nodded.

"Trinity, Malfoy, Potter and Weasley's are all at the Ministry currently." Oliver informed. "She has no idea when they will be done. From what I've heard it's chaos there. They are all fighting."

"Is there anything we can do?" Kayden asked.

"Unless you can see the future and find out if Voldemort is really back, I don't think so." Oliver laughed to himself. Alyssa and Kayden shared a look before awkwardly laughing with him.

"Well we better be off." Kayden said. "I have some work to go over before I start at hogwarts."

"Oh right. Congrats by the way." Oliver nodded before disappearing. Alyssa was about to speak when a screech of an owl stopped her.

A white letter with red writing dropped in her hand. It was addressed to Alyssa and requested her presence at the Ministry right away.

"Duty calls." Alyssa sighed, reading Potter's signature Kayden gave Alyssa a kiss before he boarded the train.

"Please send me an owl for updates and if you need me just..." Alyssa gave Kayden another kiss "You know how to make me shut up." Kayden replied

"I know, I will be safe and I will send an owl. Have a great time at hogwarts... Professor"