Chapter Thirteen ~ Emerald

MBLAQ - Popular Korean boy band

This Is War - MBLAQ's song

Lor - I dunno/No real meaning

Siao - Crazy

Chapter Thirteen ~ Emerald

"Sapphire, what's up?" I asked upon stepping inside the flat. Sapphire was sitting on the sofa, her IPod blaring music. It was currently playing MBLAQ's This Is War.

She stood up and walked towards me. "Were you the one who sabotage my date? Were you the girl I saw beside Zhi Kai?"

Her words hitted me like daggers. "I...I...How did you know?" Then, Sapphire did something completely unexpected.

SLAP!

I covered my cheek with my hand, tears rolling down my cheek. "You...you never slapped me before."

"Which is how you became a spoiled brat! Mon and Dad gave you everything you ever wanted and that made you proud!" Sapphire screamed. "That was the reason why you was called a boyfriend-stealer last year!"

Anger blazed thoughout me. "We promised not to talk about that anymore!"

"Promises? You dare to talk about promises after what you did?" Sapphire laughed. "You never change at all. I thought you would grow up after what happen last year. But you didn't."

Suddenly, memories of last year flood my mind. I tried to stop them but I was sucked right into it...

~FLASHBACK~

"It's her, right? The girl who stole your boyfriend?" a girl asked her friend when she passed me.

"Yeah, is she. That bitch." her friend whispered back, staring daggers at me. I glared back defiantly and she flinched. I vaguely remembered her. She was John's girlfriend, Michelle. I didn't like John at all. I only want to spite Michelle. Who asked her to always oppose me?

"Where is that bitch?" a furious voice sliced through the air. Everyone stopped talking and parted like the Red Sea. A group of beautiful girls stood in the middle. They were the most popular girls in the school. Everyone called them 'The Gang'. I'm not sure how did they get their name but they said it came from their primary school days. Despite their name, the girls were always kind and helpful to everyone.

There were eleven of them, comprising of the leader, Gong Zhu and her best friends; Ri Ci, Jian Ling, Si Ying, Xing Yi, Zhi Ning, Kai Fei, Ro Mong, Zi Qing, Ming Hai and Hai Qing. Each one of them was beautiful and talented in their own way. No one ever hated them.

"Emerald, you are such a bitch!" Gong Zhu walked towards me and screamed. Her friends crowded around me, trapping me.

"What did I ever do to make you such that?" I asked and Kai Fei laughed sarcastically. "Like you don't know. You stole Ro Mong's boyfriend!"

"I didn't!" I defended myself until the truth dawned on me. "Wait, David is your boyfriend?"

"Yes, he is! How can you do this to me?" Ro Mong zoomed into view and cried out. I noticed the first time that her eyes were swollen and red.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't know!" I apologized immediately but Ro Mong ignored me. Zhi Ning hugged her and she glared angrily at me. I stepped back, afraid. Zhi Ning's glares were legendary. A grown man would tremble in fear when she glared at him.

"Why did you do that?" Xing Yi asked furiously. "You hurt Ro Mong a lot!"

"I didn't know!" It was true. Last night, at a party, someone put the idea of kissing David into my head. I'm not sure why did I did that. My head was fuzzy and I thought it was a great idea. I lured David out of the house and kissed him. He reacted immediately and pushed me away before running in the house.