Chapter Five ~ Sapphire

Wapiang - An exclaimation

Chapter Five ~ Sapphire

Before long, it was February. "Time files past very fast sia." I commented to Emerald.

"Yeah, it's going too fast." She replied with a slight panic look in her black eyes.

"Sapphire!" I turned head to the sound of my name. "Hi Zhi Kai and Da Feng." Turns out that Da Feng went to HIHS like us but a different class.

"Did you do the Physics homework? It's so hard!" Zhi Kai exclaimed as he stood next to me. Da Feng went towards Emerald like he always did.

The two of them bended their heqds together and began to whisper furiously. I smiled. Da Feng would be the right boy for Emerald.

"So do you agree or not?" Zhi Kai was saying. Crap. What did he say?

"Do you mind repeating what you just said?" I asked, blushing.

"Wapiang! I just made a love confession and asked you to be my girlfriend but you wasn't even listening?" Zhi Kai complained. I didn't hear anything but "be my girlfriend".

"Yes! Yes! YES!" I cried out and then hugged him.

Infront of the whole, entire school.

Zhi Kai was surprised at first then he hugged me back. Out of the corner of my eyes, I caught sight of a furious looking Emerald. What's wrong with her? But I didn't care about that, Min Xin and Guo Nan quickly came towards us.

"Finally! You two were made for each other." Min Xin exclaimed to me and Guo Nan said to Zhi Kai, "Good job, man."

A large group of boys came over. They probably Zhi Kai's friends. They high-fived him before introducing themselves to me. I tried my best but I still couldn't keep track of their names.

"Will everyone please return to their places? Asembly is about to start." Mrs Wong, the principal, said and her voice rang throughout the hall. Everyone quickly went to their places lest they get detention.

Zhi Kai and I walked to our spots together as my index number was 20 and his was 22. Emerald, being 21, was already there when we reached.

"I'm Zhi Kai's girlfriend. How cool is that?" I whispered to Emerald. But she turned coldly to me and replied, "So?"

This was definitely not the reaction I was expecting. "What's up with you? Can't you be happy for me?"

She ignore me and stared ahead. Fine. I don't need your blessing.

***

"Sapphire!" Emerald shouted as I left the hall. I continued to walk, ignoring my twin.

Unfortunately, Emerald was a better runner than me. "Sapphire."

"What? Now you're speaking to me? I turned to face her.

Emerald took a deep breath before starting. "Sapphire, I thought about what happen just now and I'm very sorry. Please forgive me."

I admit that I was surprised when Emerald said that. It wasn't like Emerald to apologize so fast. Heck. She wouldn't even apologize in the first place. Still, she had apologized. I ponder for a while before replying. "Well... Alright."

Emerald took me by surprise again by throwing her arms around me."Huh?" Usually, I was the one who give the hugs, not Emerald.

"Thank you! Love you, sis!" Emerald cried out before dashing off. I stood rooted to the ground, not moving at all. What is up with Emerald? She keeps changing.

"Hello babe." Zhi Kai whispered as he hugged me from behind. I took a deep breath. He smelt of mint and soap. So different from other guys I knew before.

"Hello." I mumbled back, closing my eyes. We stood there for a while, in each other's arms. We could stayed there forever but a loud cough was sounded. Zhi Kai and I broke apart immediately.

"If I am not wrong, classes are about to start." Mrs Wong said and raised an thin eyebrow. "And detention would be given to those late for classes."

"Yes, Mrs Wong." We choused together before rushing off to 2G. When Mrs Wong was out of earshot, Zhi Kai and I broke down in laughter.

"Omigosh. I can't believe Mrs Wong caught us." I giggled as my whole body shook.

"But she was right about the detention thing." Zhi Kai reminded me.

"Right, let's go." Together, we walked towqrds our classroom, hand in hand.

I don't know if it's just me but I thought I saw a flash of dark green.