Chapter One ~ Sapphire

Author's Note

Hi, everyone. Thanks for reading my story. It's my first time writing at Wattpad so have mercy on me. Anyway, please enjoy!

Love, BluePearlEliza

P.S. This story is based in Singapore, so there would be some Singlish, Chinese and dialects.

Guai - Obedient

Chapter One ~ Sapphire

"Sapphire, have you finish unpacking?" My mother asked as she walked past my bedroom.

I surveyed my surroundings before replying, "Yes, Mum. I just need to throw the boxes away and I'm done."

"Good for you. Emerald has barely started! What have she been doing the whole afternoon?" My mother wondered out loud.

She's probably been listening to Kpop. I thought in my head but out loud, I said, "I don't know. Anyway, after throwing the boxes, I'll go help her."

"Really? You're so guai." Mom said, smiling at me before leaving.

Later, after I throw away the boxes, I headed to my younger sister's room which was beside mine.

I leaned against the door frame and smirked. "How's it's going?"

"Horrible!" My twin sister cried out. It was true. Unlike my neat room, Emerald's looked like a war had happened. "I hope you're here to help and not to gloat."

"Well, you reap what you sow. If you haven't spent the whole afternoon listening to Kpop, you would have finished." I said, carefully making my way to my sister.

"It's SNSD's The Boys! I had to listen." Emerald said in defense.

By now, I had reached her and stared at her. Despite our identical appearances; long, black hair, black eyes and same figures, we are nothing alike in terms of our personalities. I'm the quiet, witty one while she's the loud, confident one. Everything I own is mostly blue and everything she own is green.

"If I don't help you, who will?" I asked. Even though Emerald is only one minute younger than me, she relied on me so much that I felt like I was ten years older instead of one minutes.

"I knew I could count on you!" Emerald exclaimed. Soon with the two of working, Emerald's room looked almost as neat as mine.

"Finally, we're done." I said, falling on Emerald's neon green bed.

"Can you believe it? Tomorrow would be our first day of school in Holy Innocent High School. New friends, new teachers and new boys!" Emerald exclaimed.

"Emerald, you do remember why we had to move, right?" I questioned her warily. She couldn't have forgotten the reason of why we had to move, right? It was all because of her.

"Of course not, Sapphire. I still remember. Those horrible few weeks." Emerald shuddered as she recalled. I had a urge to shudder too. It was too much even though it did not happen to me directly.

"Anyway, do you think the classes would be easy?" Emerald asked, switching the subject quickly. I got her hint and played along. "Maybe. Maybe not."

It was midnight when I left Emerald's room. Before I left, I paused and said. "If you need anyone to talk to, I'll be there for you."

"Thanks, Sapphire. You're the best sis a girl could have." Emerald said and I left the room. As I walked back to my room, I thought, This year would be a better year than last year.

I didn't know how wrong I was.