Chapter Four ~ Emerald

Author's Note

Hi everyone,

I'm writing this at 10.59pm so I apologize if the story seems dull cuz it's late and I had detention (for being late for school) this afternoon so I'm feeling tired and annoyed. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the story!

Love, BluePearlEliza

Chapter Four ~ Emerald

I don't know if it's just me but Sapphire seems excited for something. She seems different somehow. And I have caught her stealing glances at Zhi Kai. It's like she's in... no way, it couldn't be.

It's like she's in love with Zhi Kai.

It couldn't be! I liked Zhi Kai, too. Who cares if Sapphire saw him first? It was only because my back was to him.

"Erm... Sapphire?" I said, making my tone casual so she wouldn't suspect anything. "I'm just wondering. How do you feel about Zhi Kai?"

Sapphire looked surprised. "He's okay. Why?" She asked, her eyes narrowing with suspicion. Oh no. It's not good to have a sister who's older and smarter than you. Especially a twin sister.

"Nothing. Just asking. Random question." I knew I was blabbering but I counldn't stop myself.

Luckily, Min Xin arrived and sat beside Sapphire. "I heard from Zhi Kai that you're joining us on Saturday."

Huh? "What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Oh, you don't know? Sapphire is going out with us this Saturday." Min Xin replied, smiling.

"I want to go!" I exclaimed, a plan forming in my head. I'll show Zhi Kai who is the better sister for him and at the same time, tell Sapphire to back off.

***

"How do I look?" I asked Sapphire who was putting on her lip gloss.

"Very nice." Sapphire replied after glancing at me. I grinned. I had taken special care this morning. Dressed in a green sleeveless T-shirt with demin shorts, I looked pretty good. I tied my hair up in a pony-tail and my fringe was pushed to the left.

"Let's go." Sapphire stood up and I stopped grinning. She was dressed in a dark blue dress-shirt with a white shorts. With her hair pulled up in a half pony-tail with her fringe pushed to her right, as usual, Sapphire looked amazing.

It was the same. Even though I had received my parent's outgoing and confident genes, Sapphire had received their beauty genes. It's not that I'm ugly but when compared with Sapphire... I sighed. Life is so unfair.

"Are you alright, Emerald?" Sapphire asked, noticing my sigh.

"I'm fine. We should go now." I replied, smiling.

***

"Sapphire! Emerald!" Min Xin's cheerfully shouted, waving her hands. Dressed in a bright pink off-the-shoulder, it wasn't hard to miss her. I noticed another boy standing with them.

"Hi!" I yelled back but I saw Zhi Kai whispering to Min Xin and pointing to me. Guess he wasn't informed of my presence.

Soon, we reached the four of them. The new guy looked kinda of cute but he looked a lot like Zhi Kai.

"Hi, Sapphire. Emerald, I didn't know you was coming." Zhi Kai said.

"Well, where's there's one twin, you can be pretty sure the other is near." I smiled. "Anyway, who's the new guy?"

"He's my cousin." Zhi Kai introduced. The guy stepped forward. "I'm Lee Da Feng. Nice to meet you."

"Hi." Me and Sapphire said in unison.

"Where should we go first?" Guo Nan asked, looking at his watch. "It's 12.07pm."

"Is anyone hungry? 'Cuz I am." Zhi Kai asked.

"Let's go eat lunch then." Min Xin decided. Everyone agreed and decided where to go.

At Mcdonald, we sat at a table that could fit six people. Min Xin sat infront of Guo Nan, obviously and Zhi Kai sat beside him. Sapphire sat infront of him and I was left with Da Feng.

"What the..." I grumbled as I sat down.

"What's wrong?" Da Feng asked. Shit. Did I said that out loud. I looked up.

"Nothing." I replied, blushing. Damn it. I just gave myself out.

Da Feng didn't say anything. He glanced at me then Zhi Kai, then Sapphire before looking at me again. "Oh."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, wanting to know.

"I get it."

"What do you 'get'?" I questioned. Oh no. It can't be that obvious.

"You like Zhi Kai but he likes your sis." Da Feng said, leaning forward.

"I...I...Wait, what do you mean he likes her?" I cried out. Sapphire likes Zhi Kai but he can't possibly like her back. What about me?

"He's my cousin. He has never act like that before with girl. It's obvious Zhi Kai likes Sapphire. Give up your crush. You can't win." Da Feng told me and my anger flared. No way. I'll never lose.

"No, you're wrong. I will win Zhi Kai's love. I will be his girlfriend." I snarled.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes!"

"If you can't win him by June, you will be my girlfriend." Da Feng said in a bored way.

"Fine but there's one condition." For the first time, I saw surprise on Da Feng's face. I leaned forward, close enough to kiss him if I want and said, "You have to help me."