Alpha

Hello my beautiful friends :) Long time no talk! I've been slacking on updating this for my fellow readers, and this is the PERFECT entry to get started again. I've been working hard on starting a new book (check out my page for more info on that), so I decided to take a break and read this beauty. 

TITLE:  Alpha 

AUTHOR: @Calico_Trayce

SUMMARYThis novel-length, epically gay adventure chronicles the rescue of Calix Dawson after a mountain climbing trip turns into a life or death situation and he becomes lost in the wilderness of the Canadian Rockies.

Thankfully, a mysterious recluse and his semi-domesticated grey wolf are around to save his life. Calix is forced to endure the stranger's uncompromising nature and his man-eating beast while juggling the effects of a life-threatening injury, shock, and the mysterious loss of his brother. Will the two learn to get along, or will they descend into cabin fever madness? ******** Hella' Gay Romance Adventure. 100,000+ words. Warning: Explicit. Mature. 18+ content. Stockholm syndrome - traumatic bonding. BoyxBoy - Yaoi - Boy's Love

MY THOUGHTS:

LIKE DAMN. I haven't read something this gold in a long fucking time. At first I was searching for a werewolf story, and obviously the title caught my attention. But it was quickly made clear that this was NOT a werewolf romance. 

Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed. Like I almost stopped reading because I was honestly just in the mood for a werewolf novel. BUT I'M SO GLAD I DIDN'T. This story is beyond words. You seriously fall in love after the first paragraph of the book. 

I love these types of novels because they're so different from the norm. It's cliche, but it's not at the same time. We all love a good, happy ending but (me personally) HATE reading the same scenarios in different works.  Like give it a twist please. If you're like me, this is the book for you! 

Honestly, this reminds me a lot of my first entry here - Snowed In. Ever since I read Snowed in all those years ago, I've been waiting to come across something else like it; and I've finally found it. Thankfully this is completed, and there is a sequel (yay!) BUT it's still currently being updated (not so yay :/). Personally I prefer to wait until things are finished to begin reading them, but honestly this is worth the wait. 

Seriously, add this to your library. Like right now.