chapter 15: pieces of my heart

OK I FELT BAD BCUZ U ALL OROB THOUGHT THE CONTEST WAS A NEW CHAPTER SO I DECIDED TO WAIST MORE HOMEWORK TIME AND FINISH THIS CHAPTER. HOPE U LIKE IT. I WILL EDIT IT LATER! 😋😁😉👍

chapter 15

Moona's POV

so we just got home and Ryder and Jake glared at eachother the whole way back. i cant believe Jake is alive though, i thought he was dead. im so happy, but i just hope Ryder can accept him because they both have pieces of my heart and now that i know Jake is alive i cant live without him, but i cant live without Ryder either.

"so who is he?" Ryder asked me once we got settled in the livivng room his eyes never leaving Jake as they continued their glaring match.

i looked at Jake then turned back to Ryder and began to speak. "im not saying anything nor will i speak to you two until you stop your litte glaring match, man up and quit being pussies. i mean seriously what the fuck do you two have to be glaring at eachother over!" i all but yelled in frustration. these two twats were annoying the shit out of me with their petty little glaring contest.

they both looked up at me in what appeared to be astonishment and shock. morons.

"what?!" i huffed. "you seemed surprised that i would speak to either of you that way, which is hilarious cause then you both obviously dont know me as well as you think you do. so are you done with your stupid little glaring contest or what?" i questioned.

Neither of them spoke, instead they just nodded their heads simultaneously. "Good. Now to anser your question Ryder, Jake is my brother."

"Brother?" he looked genuinly curious. "i never knew you had a brother."

"Well now you do." i told Ryder. then i turned to Jake. "And you mister, WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN THE PAST WHAT LIKE 7 YEARS!!??!! I THOUGHT YOU WERE FUCKING DEAD!" i screamed at him as tears began to flow down my face. he was currently standing in front of me with his hands on my shoulders as he look down at me with sad eyes full of guilt, pain sorrow and regeret..

"i thought you were fucking dead you asshole!" i said as i began to beat his chest. he then pulled me to him as he wrapped his arms around me. "i thought you were dead." i sobbed quietly into his chest as he stroked my hair.

"i know, i know, im sorry. i am so sorry. i never wanted to leave my school, my home, my friends or you. i especially never wanted to leave you. i loved you so much and everyday my heart would break a little more knowing you werent there and that you had no idea where i was. i am so so sorry." he whispered.

" You left me all alone. When i needed you, you werent there." i sobbed. "Why? Why did you leave me when i needed you most?" i questioned

"i couldnt stay, i didn't have a choice." he said with a pained look.

i pulled away and looked at him. "Why? Why couldn't you stay?"

"It wasnt safe, not for you or anyone else when i was around. i found out that mom and dad weren't my biological parents so i found them, my real parents. I didnt do anything about it until the day i turned 16 and things started happeneing to me. I needed answers and you needed to be safe so i had to leave. i came looking for you the other day and i couldnt find you. I kept looking and the other day some people approached me telling me that they new where you were. They told me these people were keeping you and said they would help me save you-" i cut him off there.

"whoah whoah whoah. By people you mean those vampires approached you." i stated.

"Ya and its not safe here. We have to leave." He told me as he attempted to grab my hand. i yanked it back out of his reach.

"i wasnt, am not, nor was i ever being held against my will, I want to be here and im not leaving. i needed your protection 7 years ago, but you werent there. i dont need your protection anymore and apparently you didnt want to protect me back then so why start now. i have Ryder and im training to control my powers and get stronger, so i dont need you to keep me safe. Oh by the way in case you didn't know, im a witch." I replied spitefully, as i was really frustrated.

Where was he 7 years ago when i needed him? Not here. I dont need him coming back making me think hes gonna stay just to leave again and break my heart all over again. Last time he left my whole world fell apart, he took a piece of my heart with him when he left and i was crushed. im not going to let him back in again just so he can take off again leaving me even more a shitty mess. i can't go through that, not again.

He was just staring at me but not in shock more like understanding. but whatever i dont care i cant stand here anymore and watch as he worms his way back into my heart which he is already doing. He has been since i saw him in the woods earlier and i can't seem to stop it. I turn around and walk away outside to go train some more because i need to get my anger and frustration out.

Ryder's POV

After the initial shock of finding out he was her brother i left the room so they could have some privacy. i realy wish i was in there because i wanna know what is going on. I can't really feel all her emotions or anything yet because we havent mated and i havent even marked her yet. she doesnt even know about marking. I havent told her anything about it because of everything that has happened lately. i just am not sure she can handle it.

ive been out here for the past half hour and its really hard to not just storm in there because i can feel she is really upset and she has conflicting emotions. its taking everything in me not to barge in there and comfort her, but i know I need to wait til they are done because they are having a family moment and that is the only thing holding me back from doing so.

i was just about to go in there and make an excuse about needing something from the kitchen but that thought was cut short as Moona stormed out of the house tears in her eyes and looking on the verge of a mental breakdown.

i just stood there for a minute in shock before i went after her at normal speed knowing she needs the walk and im guessing she is going to the trianing grounds. ahh fuck it.

"Moona! wait up!" i yelled after her. She slowed down but didnt stop.

i caught up to her an turned her around. "hey, hey what's wrong kitten?" i asked as i tilted her chin up so i could see her face. She had tears streaming down her cheeks and she looked so broken and vulnerable. i have never seen her like this.

"hey hey hey come here." i told her softly as i pulled her to me and wrapped my arms around her. "its ok. you dont have to tell me. Not if you don't want to baby. I'm here though for whatever you need."

"he...he just left me all alone and then came back and his explanation was it was safer that way. The hell it was safer. Safer to break my heart and not be there to see it later." she sobbed into my chest.

i picked her up as she wrapped her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck and continued to sob. i brought her back to the house and started walking to my bedroom. i passed her brother on the way and when he stepped in our direction to see if she was alright i had to signal him to stay put and shake my head telling him she needs time. i brought her upstairs to my...well our bedroom and laid her on the bed. i went to walk away and she whimpered. i turned around and saw here looking at me with the most broken expression. she reached out to me and i slipped off my shirt before taking her hand and climbing in the bed next to her. As soon as i did that she curled up next to me and layed her head on my chest. i wrapped my armsaround her and closed my eyes while rubbing my hand up and down her side soothingly. And that is the last thing i remember before i heard a loud crash and my eyes snapped open just in time to see the worst thing imaginable.

CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!

A/N-ok so i didnt really likethis chapter towards the end or most of it and its really short but i had to because i really needed to update and i felt like i havet in forever I may endup redoing this chapter or adding to it and ill tell you if i do that just so you know cuz this chapter was really lame. sorry guys. And I also felt really bad for giving you the contest and y'all probably thinking it was a new chapter. Seriously I went from 493 reads to 520-something it was crazy! Please check out my new book Badass Bitch if it's not too much to ask.

-sammie