Chapter 26: Preparing for War

I'm sorry guys. My inspiration for this book just really hasn't been here. I'm gonna make this the second or 3rd to last chapter probably and end it early. Don't worry I'll probably add more chapters when I go back and edit. I know I've left a lot of holes in this story. Anyways. Here's the new chapter.

Ch. 26
Moona's POV.
I transported us all to the cabin and Nico and I began our work.

"How do you know this will work?"

"I don't Nico, but I'm hoping..." I trail off and he just nods as we begin.

I place my hands on his temples and instruct him to do the same to me. "We have to form some sort of connection between us. I don't know what we are supposed to do exactly, but i can just feel this instinct."

He nods. "I can feel it too."

"Do you trust me Nico?"

"Yes."

"Close your eyes and repeat after me, don't open them. No matter what okay?"

He closes his eyes and i begin, closing my eyes and pulling from deep inside me.

"We are of one mind now, Nico. Reach inside yourself, feel it, feel the instinct, the power. The words are there, read them, read them with me.

Potenza profondo. Venite a me, prendono vita.

Mi circondano, sollevare me up, mi riparo. Proteggimi, proteggere la mia terra, la mia casa. Scudo mia famiglia, li protegge, proteggere tutti noi." We begin.

"Potenza profondo. Venite a me, prendono vita.

Mi circondano, sollevare me up, mi riparo. Proteggimi, proteggere la mia terra, la mia casa. Scudo mia famiglia, li protegge, proteggere tutti noi.

Potenza profondo. Venite a me, prendono vita.

Mi circondano, sollevare me up, mi riparo. Proteggimi, proteggere la mia terra, la mia casa. Scudo mia famiglia, li protegge, proteggere tutti noi." I breath in and we slowly descend, our feet softly hitting the ground as we land. I open my eyes and look at Nico, who looks just as astounded as i feel.

We both turn to our parents only to see looks of shock and pride on their faces.

We smile at them, but my smile slowly fades as i feel a buzzing in the back of my mind.

"What is it sweetheart?" My mom's concerned voice breaks through my thoughts.

"I don't know. Hey Nico, is there a buzzing in the back of your mind too?" He looks at me strangely before shaking his head. "Weird." i say before i hear my mom giggling.

i give her a strange look. "What's got her so excited dad. Wait,no. I don't want to know."

"It's n-"

"I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!! DON'T SCARR ME FOR LIFE FATHER!"

He laughs at me before turning to mom. "Our daughter has a dirty mind." she laughs before turning to me.

"Get your head out of the gutter. It was Ryder."

"Oh...wait what?" She rolls her eyes as she shakes her head at me.

"Oh my daughter you have so much to learn. That was Ryder. He's trying to mind link you."

"Mind wha-oh wait never mind, how do I answer? Its like a phone call in the head, yes? I mean that's why my mind is buzzing right? I have to pick up." She looks at me bewildered.

"Um... ya sure... for the sake of teaching you how to use it...we'll just go with that." she said to me before turning to dad and trying to whisper to dad (operative word here being trying) "She seems a little whacko...did you drop her as a baby?"