Chapter 24: What's to Come

Chapter 24:

Not edited

Moona's POV:

As i try to process this i squeeze his hand, anxiety washing over me. My breaths come in pants as i begin to hyperventilate.

"Shh. Shh. It's OK. We are in this together and we aren't alone. Shh." he coos leaning forward to lay his forward against mine. As soon as his forehead comes in contact with mine i gasp.

As my vision clouds over, i faintly hear a voice calling me, but i'm too immersed in what is happening in the darkness beneath my closed lids, to listen.

The air changes, swirling with uncertainty, as not only her emotions hit me but a flash of images as well. What is this?

I begin walking into this open grassy field, surrounded by only trees and an air that carries a sweet aroma. As I walk deeper into this open field, things begin to change. The once full luscious trees now stand bare, the green grass now turning a sickening brown color. The field seems ill, diseased. There is a darkness here. Something is taking this beautiful field over, bringing a sense of despair with it as it wreaks havoc on this place.

The air is tainted now with a foul smell, the ground ahead is littered with something. As I walk forward my feet begin to feel wet and sticky and when I look down I gasp.

Blood, dark red like a dying rose, is pooled around my feet and dampening this once so magical place. I glance back up as I get closer to the strange shapes littering the field only to scream in horror at the sight.

Bodies. Hundreds of bodies cover the ground. Pale and almost ghost like complexions. Some have even begun to turn blue.

A strange aura tugs at me, urging me to move forward. Run! Run! Go forward! Go now! I hear whispers floating across the wind.

Frantically I rush forward, I follow this strange tug. As I get closer my chest tightens, my breaths quicken, and my heartbeats pound in my ears like drums at a battle ceremony.

Suddenly my feet come to a halt, my breath hitches and my heart stops. Tears well in my eyes as I stare down. The body before me so mutilated almost no one would tell, but I know, I recognize this body. My heart squeezes and shatters, then my world goes black as I cry out in agony.

"Moona? Moona! What's wrong? What happened?"

"I've gotta go. We have to get back. He's in danger. We are all in danger." She replied,the purple room disappearing around them as they reappear in her mother's room. "I've gotta find him. He can help us. I know he can help us and he knows where he is." She muttered distractedly to herself.

"Who? Moona what's going on?!" Ryder yelled in exasperation.

"I can't talk right now, I have to find him." Then suddenly she knew what to do. As if she's been doing it all her life. She swung her hand in a circle above her head and began repeating something. Just as she was beginning to disappear in a cloud of smoke her mother ran up.

"Go! There's not much time. And tell him that 'Marshall is in haven'. He'll know what it means." Her mother yelled to her just as she disappeared in the smoky mist. She reappeared seconds later, only, this time she was before a log cabin sitting in a clearing surrounded by trees.

Where am I?

"I knew you'd be able to sense it, sense me. And I knew you'd be able to find him. It's in your blood. It's who you are. And he's just like you." A strange man said appearing in the door way of the cabin. The man from last night. I may not have been able to see his face then, but he had a strange aura around him. I sensed it without realizing it. It was the same type of aura my mother emanated.

"Do you know who I am?" the man asked me.

I nodded looking around, searching for him.

"Where is he?"

"So you know then?" I nodded again.

"What did she say?" he changed the subject.

"She said Marshall is in haven." I muttered distractedly still searching around, even though I had already looked over all I could of the surroundings.

He chuckled. "Tell her, 'let the doves meet at the willow tonight, for tomorrow they'll take flight'.

I was too distracted to wonder why they were asking me to tell each other these weird phrases.

Suddenly the atmosphere changed, and I turned around knowing it was him. He looked defensive, like he was ready to attack me at any moment.

"DON'T DO IT ISAAC!" The man from last night yelled, but it was too late, a giant fire ball was already flying towards me.

I put my hand up and waved, deflecting the fire with air like it was nothing but a pesky fly in my face. Before he could do anything else I bound him with ice and raised his body off the ground to hover in mid-air.

"I am not here to hurt you little one. I am here to protect you. I have seen a vision, one in which you do not survive and I will not let this happen. You are destined for something greater than you, greater than me, greater than just helping our kind to survive. We are meant to aid in the survival of all and we cannot do that if this vision comes true. You. Will. Survive. As long as I am still breathing. I will fight to my last breath to protect you, but I need your help. Do you understand?" I questioned him. He nodded and I let him down breaking the ice in the process.

"Do you know who I am?" I questioned him.

He shook his head.

"Look at me. Look closely and concentrate." He complied and suddenly gasped stepping back.

"h-how do I know you? I have never met you before in my life, yet I know you."

"We know our own, Nicolo Isaac Orsino." I replied. I had no idea where any of this, any of what I told him besides the vision, came from, I just knew. We know our own. A voice replied.

I wasn't afraid of this voice. No it seemed natural and comforting. The only thing I that is bothering me, is that something is off. Something isn't right and I just hope to the gods that my worrying for Ryder is just me being silly.

A/N- okay here the chapter. I'm sick so it's not great and I'm really busy with a whole bunch of stuff on top of school. I know it's short but it's the best I can do for now. When I write part 2 of this chapter I'll prob change stuff in this one so it flows better. Thanks yall! Have a nice day!