Marriage Pt. 5

Arnav freshened up and sat down in his recliner with his laptop open in front of him. He couldn't pay attention to his work because there was only one thing on his mind.

Khushi.

Then he remembered his Di wanting a big wedding for him.

Does Khushi want a big wedding?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arnav had been restless since morning. He had tried going to relieve himself from his troubling thoughts. He tried drinking coffee to stop his headache. He tried sleeping it off, but nothing had worked. 

It had been 2 days since he had seen the girl who he dreamt of. Not only dreamt of, but also saw her walking around him like she was actually there. He saw her everywhere. 

He had tried calling her, but she didn't pick up. Later he found out she had her final exams going on for her last year of her master's degree. So he didn't want to disturb her, but what could he do with his restless heart. 

Which is why as of now he was sitting in his car, at 1 a.m, outside her house. his eyes were trying to find her inside her room, but he couldn't see her. 

At last, after 15 minutes he saw her walk in her room dressed in a white salwar suit, with her hair tied up in a messy bun and a pencil in her mouth. She was holding on to a book and pacing in her room. Then he saw her put the book and pencil down, she sighed and put a hand on her heart. 

Her eyes were closed and her mouth was moving, he couldn't hear her from where he was. He noticed how her eyes darted outside suspiciously and then went back to being closed for awhile. 

Arnav's face broke out into a smile when he realized what this crazy girl was thinking of.

She is thinking of me.

Arnav glanced at his phone which had "Future Wife" on it, he picked up and sighed at his beautiful, but crazy would-to-be-wife. 

"Hello?"

"Khushi..."

He glanced over to her window and saw her coming closer to the window and hugging herself.

"How are you?"

"Tumhe kya lagta hai? Tumhare bina kaisa hoga? (What do you think? How would I be without you?)"

He heard a small giggle through the phone and grinned in response. 

"Main bhi theek hu. (I'm also fine)"

"What are you doing?"

"I was trying to study, but.."

"But?"

"Aapki yaad arahi hai (I'm missing you.)"

"Mujhe bhi. (Me too.)"

They both remained silent because feeling each other's presence was enough for both of them.

"Go to your living room Khushi."

Khushi frowned, "What?"

"Just do as I say...please."

Khushi's heart melted at his please, "Ok"

Arnav heard some shuffling from the phone and he got out of his car.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why did he tell me to come outside?"