Marriage part III

Arnav looked at Khushi one last time to absorb her beauty.

She deserves someone better than me.

......................................................................

Arnav stepped out of the Gupta's house and went towards his car. His family had left in a different car towards home, whereas he was about to head for the office.

Before he could open the door to his car, a hand on his shoulder stopped him.

Arnav turned around to find Khushi standing in front of him.
"Um, you left your phone inside."

Arnav looked at her hand that held his phone. "Thanks."

Arnav turned around to leave, but once again he was stopped by her beautiful voice.

"Arnav ji.."

Arnav turned around and noticed her biting her lip and fiddling with her dupatta.

She does that a lot when she's nervous.

"Yeah Khushi?"

Khushi smiled when he said her name. The "kh" in her name sounded beautiful when he said her name

"I put my phone number on your phone. If you want to...ever...talk. Yeah, that's it, I should be leaving."

Khushi quickly turned around towards her house.

"Khushi!"

Khushi stopped in her path.

"You want to talk to me even though we have so many differences between us?"

Arnav genuinely was confused as to why a girl like her who was beautiful and so innocent wanted to talk to a guy like him.

Khushi smiled again and walked towards Arnav.

"Our differences don't describe us. You probably have your own reasons as to why you don't believe in god. And your love for your sister and for your entire family speaks more about you, than your belief in no marriage or love. "

Khushi smiled once again at him and then walked away. What she didn't notice were Arnav's eyes which were full of adoration for Khushi. She didn't notice the way Arnav's heart beat faster when she talked. She didn't notice his small grin he had on his face when she stated that she understood him. Better than some people did.

Arnav sat in his car and checked his phone.
He went to contacts on his phone and looked through his contacts for her phone number.

He stopped when he saw a number which he definitely didn't put into his phone.

"Future Wife."

Arnav smiled at the name she kept. Then he realized it was her way of saying yes.

Hoped you guys liked it. Please like/comment, you guys motivate me to update more!!