Marriage Part IIII

"Hello?"

"Thank you."

Khushi smiled as she heard his voice through the phone, "For?"

Arnav grinned, "For understanding me and accepting me. "

Khushi played with the phone's wire, "Well, your welcome"

Arnav chuckled, "What if I never looked at my phone for your number?"

"I knew you would."

"Oh really, how?"

Khushi tilted her head slightly and smiled once again, "I just knew we are meant to be. Now if you're done smiling and interrogating me, go home!"

Arnav frowned. 

How does she know I'm not home.

"How---?"

"Arnav ji, if you don't drive how will you reach home in time and tell them that I said yes?"

"Ok Khushi, but how do you--?"

Arnav turned to his left and looked at the woman standing near his window with her hands on her hips and her eyebrow slightly raised.

"Khushi?"

"Arnav ji you still haven't left? And before you start interrogating me, I saw you from the window."

Arnav scratched the back of his neck, "Yeah I'm just leaving. Thanks for informing me, Future Wife."

Khushi chuckled as a red hue spread on her cheeks, "Ok bye"

Khushi turned to leave when she heard him start the engine of his car. She quickly turned back around, "Arnav ji wait!"

Arnav stopped midway and turned to look at her. "What happened?"

Khushi looked behind him at the passenger seat and then looked around the car, "Arreh where is it...?"

Arnav frowned, "What are you looking for?"

Khushi pretended to look around again with a genuinely confused face. Then she looked straight at him and then whispered into his ear, "Your smile."

Khushi leaned back and tried controlling her grin at his puzzled face. 

Arnav smiled at her and then shook his head, "You're completely mad."

Khushi smiled back, "Since childhood.."

Arnav tilted his head slightly and with a smile asked, "Can I leave now ?"

Khushi nodded her head, "Yup, you're ready to go."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Arreh Chote where have you been? Weren't you right behind us when we left?"

Arnav nodded at his worried Di, "Di there was a little traffic."

Anjali looked at him completely confused, "Stop lying Chote, we were right in front of you, there was no traffic."

Arnav looked around, he didn't have an answer for his sister.

"Chote....why are you blushing? "

Nani and Mami both looked at the boy standing in front of them, who never blushed or smiled.

Then their light bulb lit up. "Chote, tell me what did Khushi bitiya say?"

Arnav's eyes widened, "Um...actually Nani.."

Anjali smiled, "Chote she said yes, didn't she!!! You were late because you were talking to her right?"

Arnav smiled at her and Anjali rushed towards her brother.

"Chote I'm so happy for you!!"

She turned toward the rest of the family and shouted, "Oh my god, we have to do so many things! It's our Chote's wedding!! We need to have sangeet, haldi, mehendi, wedding, reception, cock ta--"

Arnav stopped his sister, "Di we won't be having an extravagant wedding! I want a small wedding. Also, you still have to talk to her parents."

Anjali frowned, "Nani will talk to her parents, but I absolutely disagree with you! We are going to have a big wedding Chote!"

Arnav frowned, "No way Di"

It was her turn to frown now, "Chote I get why you don't want a big wedding, but have you asked Khushi what she wants?"

Arnav shrugged, "She probably wants what I want."

Anjali sulked but nodded her head. 

"Di I'm going into my room, send me coffee. I have a lot of work to catch up to."

Anjali nodded again. 

He'll never change.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arnav freshened up and sat down in his recliner with his laptop open in front of him. He couldn't pay attention to his work because there was only one thing on his mind.

Khushi.

Then he remembered his Di wanting a big wedding for him.

Does Khushi want a big wedding?