Marriage Part II

"Di are you ready to go?"

Arnav walked downstairs to the living room only to find his family rushing to pack the shagun gifts.

"Di, what are you guys doing?"

"Chote, just give us a few minutes we are almost done packing the gifts."

Arnav tapped his foot impatiently. After a minute or so he went on his phone and looked at the list of questions that he typed up to ask Khushi.

We can't be late.

"Everyone hurry up, we shouldn't make a bad impression on them."

Everyone giggled, they had never seen Arnav so nervous.

"Chote, do you mean you don't want to make a bad impression on Khushi right?"

Arnav shook his head and headed out.

"I'll meet you near the car!"
----------------------------------------------------------
"Bitiya are you ready!"

Garima knocked on her daughter's bedroom twice.
After a few minutes, she entered their bedroom only to be invited by a sleeping Khushi.

"KHUSHI!! Wake up, I can't believe you're still sleeping. The family is coming over to see you in an hour. Khushi!!"

"Hai Devi Maiyaa, Amma why are you yelling so early in the morning?!?"

Why can't they just let me sleep?

"Khushi hurry up get ready. They'll be here in an hour or so!"

Garima pushed Khushi out of the bed, Khushi landed firmly on the hard ground.

"Owww! Ok. I'm up! I'll be ready in 5 minutes!"

Garima stared at Khushi and shook her head at her behavior.

This girl is never going to change.

"Khushi try to wear something nice and do your hair and makeup too!"

It was Khushi's turn to stare now. She wasn't going to dress up like a doll for a guy just to impress him.

"Amma I'm not dressing up for anyone, if he likes me he'll like me for who I am"

Garima wanted to argue, but she knew there was no point to it. She simply smiled at her foolish daughter.

"Ok go!"

-------------------------------------------------------
1 hour later....

*door bell
"Khushi they are here! Go to the kitchen and bring the tea"

Garima walked to the door and greeted the Raizada family.

"Namaste. Please come in!"

Everyone walked in happily. Nani and Anjali were ecstatic to meet the new family. Whereas, Manorama was judging their house and their style of living. She wasn't happy with this proposal, but she was never the one to argue with her mother-in-law.
Garima was about to go after the family but was stopped by someone.

"Namaste."

Garima turned around to see 2 boys greeting her. One was in his twenties, whereas the other one was in his late twenties.

She smiled at them and led them in.

Shashi greeted the family while they sat and introduced them to his other daughter Payal and his sister Madhumati.

"Khushi bitiya bring the tea outside!"

After a few seconds, Khushi came outside wearing a beautiful anarkali with a tray of tea. She put the tray on the table and kept her gaze on the floor. She greeted Nani ji and Manorma first and then touched their feet. After which she greeted the rest of the family. She didn't dare lift her gaze up to steal a sight of Arnav.