How it all began

'Why did school have to be so boring?' you thought to yourself.

School in your opinion was another word for prison, but fortunately your best friend always was the one that made you feel better despite you having dsylexia and ADHD.

You were walking in school when you heard your name called "(y/n)!"

You turned around to see your best friend the one and only Leo Valdez with his shaggy brown/black hair and his nice smile. You could't help notice how good looking he was. His warm brown eyes that always made you feel a warm tingle in your stomach and blush. Yup that's right, You had a crush on the bad boy supreme.  "hey Leo what's wrong?" you questioned as you looked at his worried face. "I have to tell you something" he states. You roll your eyes, expecting another one of his jokes or pick up lines "fine what is it?" You sighed waiting for the next pun or fake pick up line.

Leo gulped "okay but you have to believe me no matter how crazy it sounds" you nodded encouraging him to go on. "I'm a demigod. You know half god half human, the one our history teacher was teaching us. I'm a son of Hephaestus and I live in the only place safe for our kind-" You cut him off, "what do you mean our kind" you looked at him confused.

Leo took a deep breath as if he was nervous. "(Y/N), you're a demigod too, that's why (y/m/p) left you and why you're ADHD and dsylexic. I have to get you to camp before a monster attacks you" after he finished you started laughing "oh I get it, this is one of your pranks and you're trying to scare me" you say between giggles thinking about the time he lied about your room catching on fire. "(y/n) please you have to believe me" Leo pleaded with a serious face. The way his eyes sparkled told you that he was saying the truth so you stopped laughing and that's when everything started to make sense. Why you always seemed to get in trouble why you always had the strangest dreams "Even though this one of the craziest stories I've ever heard everything makes sense.  I believe yo-" You hadn't even finished your sentence before the wall exploded.

You screamed as three bat like creatures flew in."The furies " Leo cursed in ancient greek "hide!" He ordered.
You didn't need to be told twice. You and Leo quickly hid in the classrooms closet. "Daughter of (g/p) I know you're in there" the middle fury screeched "come out now and we won't hurt the son of Hepheastus" the fury says. You were about to get out but Leo grabbed your hand before you could.

"Don't listen to them (y/n)" he stated "they will hurt me either way"
You gulped and sat back down. "Listen (y/n) if this is the end I want to tell you something, (y/n) I lov....." Leo didn't get to finish his sentence because at that moment the closet doors were ripped apart. You held another scream as you saw the hideous monsters. "Well (y/n) if you're not coming out we're coming in."

The left one grabbed you by the collar of your T-shirt while the middle one took Leo and threw him against a wall. His vision got blurred but he didn't care all he wanted to do was save you. Leo cared too much for his best friend to lose her so he grabbed his hammer which was hidden in his magical tool belt (it was unseen to mortals because of the mist) and threw it at the fury that held you. The monster immediately turned to dust and just as you were about to hit the ground Leo caught you. "Thank you" you said while hugging him you were pretty sure that your face had turned red but that instantly ended as the other two furies began whaling.  "You killed our sister" the right one yelled "now we'll kill you."

"Wasn't that your original plan?" Leo questioned while handing you a small dagger, where he got it you don't know all you know is that as soon as the right fury got near you, a burst of adrenaline shot through your body and you stabbed the fury deep in her shoulder to which she immediately disintegrated. You looked over to Leo to see that he did the same to his fury. "What the heck is going on?" You asked, shivering with fear. A sense of shock was overcame you as the adrenaline left. "The dagger I gave you was made of celestial bronze one of the metals that can kill monsters" he replied and put his arm around you so you would stop shivering "listen (y/nick/n), I swear on the river Styx that I'll tell you everything but right now, we really need to go to camp" you nodded and without asking any questions you left to gods knows where with your crazy crush.