How to change a life; chapter 4

That would be Ella in the pic, btw :) xo

~

Chapter four

Just one big game of hide and go seek.  

~

Harry stood there in his bright orange shorts and tank-top with the number 8 printed on the back. He ran his hand through his hair nervously which was a tad wet on the end from sweating. He was just to hot to handle, I should have been the one sweating.

"Hey." he said awkwardly.

"Uh, hi."

He looked at Jess, who was staring at him with her mouth wide open and raised his eyebrows, and straight back at me. "Can I talk to you?" even though he didn't say it. The word 'alone' was insinuated.

"Isn't that what we're doing right now?" I snapped.

He scowled down at me. "I mean without getting my head bitten off."

I shrugged. "Sure, I've given up on cannibalism anyway, it really isn't my thing."

Harry chuckled, but then his face became deadly serious. "I'm sorry. Really, really, really sorry. The only reason I got weird after our night together was that I was scared. I've been brought up in a family where career comes first and social life after. I got scared of how I was feeling for you..."

I looked over my shoulder at Jess for support. She just shrugged her shoulders, leaving me to decide for myself. I sighed. "Look, I admit I could have been a little less... psycho about the whole thing. I mean you're a dude, that kinda thing is expected of you. I just didn't think you applied, you know? I thought you were better than that."

"I am."

I nodded. "I know that. Now. Just, don't do anything like that again or that little Barbie bitch Erica will be using your balls as pom-pom's."

He shivered, but smiled. "So, we're cool?"

"Ice-cold." I told him.

Harry stared at me with a huge grin on his face.

I laughed. "Even I know that was lame."

Jess cleared her throat, secretly asking me to wrap things up.

Harry scratched the back of his head. "Can we meet up after school?"

I hesitated. "Uh, sure, just as friends though, right?"

"As friends." he mumbled. "Right."

I smiled with relief. "Good. Jess, Chase and I are having a movie night at my place. You should come."

"Yeah." Jess added, linking her arm through mine. I think she was getting a little lonely over there by herself.

"Crackalakin, so, say mine at seven?" I asked, whilst Jess was dragging me out the door by the arm.

"Perfect." he called after us. "See you then."

I bumped into the gymnasium door, causing my wig to fall to the floor. I put it back on in a flash, looking around me to make sure no one saw.

"Are you crazy?!" I hissed at Jess. "He could have saw."

She rolled her eyes. "You've certainly changed your tune. I thought you didn't want anything to do with him?"

"Well, being friends cant hurt, right? Do you think I'm doing the wrong thing?"

"I don't know, Ray. I guess we'll see tonight." she said.