How to change a life; chapter 6

Hope this is a little better. I know some of you have been asking when Harry is going to find out about the cancer.

So here ya go...

Oh, I also want to say a big thanks to lottielovesyou (:

xoxo

Chapter Six

The reality of the real world

I sat in my drama class counting down the minutes before the class was over; exactly fifty-seven-minutes and thirty two seconds. Seriously, I was dying shouldn't I be off doing something fun like shooting hookers or chasing old people down the street? Just as we were about to start the lesson Erica sauntered in with her posse. Maybe shooting hookers wasn't out of my reach after all.

"You're late." Mrs Collins snipped. She was one of the only teachers I respected in this place. She had countless holes in her face where I figured that she wore piercing on weekends. Not to mention that Hitler moustache and voice that was incredibly similar to Borat's...

"Very nice." I laughed at my very bad impression.

The whole class turned to stare at me I slumped back further into my seat. "What?" I demanded. They turned back to stare at Mrs Collins who was super freaked.

"This is the third time this week, Erica. What is your excuse this time?"

Barbie flicked her hair and smirked. "I was showing the new girl around."

A girl who looked extremely similar to Erica stepped forward, they were either sisters or just worked on the same street corner. "Hi."

Mrs Collins sighed impatiently. "You're name is?"

"Jsa-Jsa. Like Jsa-Jsa Gabor." she flicked her hair behind her shoulder.

I chuckled. "Or Jsa-Jsa Binx." For all of those who have never had the guilty pleasure of watching Star wars. Jsa-Jsa Binx is a really ugly alien.

She scowled at me and the other nerds who laughed along with me.

"Now now class." Mrs Collins said. "I want you to find a space in the room and show me where you see yourself in the next ten years. Act it out."

"You've got to be kidding me." I groaned and found my space, lay down and close my eyes. I began to think of what my friends would be doing; chasing after babies, getting married... becoming famous singers.

The sunlight that I was enjoying coming through the window and bouncing off my eyelids, was suddenly shadowed. I opened my eyes and saw a tall dark skinned boy looking down at me with a weird look on his face.

"Nice face." I commented. "Bowl problems?"

"I'm trying to figure out what he hell your doing." he said. "What is that? Where do you see your self in ten years?"

"In the ground." I sat up and looked at his arm that was poking out from his body. "And what are you doing?"

"Exactly what I'll be doing." he smiled. "Helping people."

"By sticking out your claw?"

"I want to be a doctor." He laughed and helped me up off the floor. "And you want to be a... corpse?"

"Who says I have a choice." I muttered and dusted myself off.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." the boy frowned. "You're Rayleigh aren't you?"

"Who's been talking about me now?" I asked.

He pulled at his ear nervously. "Um, actually, my dad."