Chapter 26

I woke up, pain all over me, lightly masked by an odd numbing sensation. Even with the sweet coating of numb my bones and flesh still screamed in pain. But all of that disappeared with the memory of the last thing said to me before I drifted into oblivion; the immense pain was replaced with pure terror.

I started shaking uncontrollably, like I had after the couple times my dad had come after me, unable to stop my body from having these horrible spasms.

And then I tried to take action, get some help, by screaming, "No! Stop them! Make him leave!" I defied the muscles and limbs that wanted to stay still and heal, thrashing them all over with little control.

I felt a surge of pain shoot up my arm as my dad's cold firm grip threatened to crush the bones in my hand. I had not even seen him there, standing behind me with an evil look upon his face.

He smiled a crooked smile, tilting his head while looking at me, "Oh, honey. You must have bonked your head pretty bad. Don't remember how much you love me, do you?" shaking off the false concern he glared down at me, "Oh, you worthless shit. Wish you would have died, dammit."

His voice was groggy, as he was clearly drunk. After he spoke he tightened his grip even more, giggling creepily as I gasped in horrible pain.

I widened my eyes, "P-please s-stop."

Just then, Frank yelled, "You better stop it, before I have to get up and beat the shit out of you! I'd do it right now if I could move." His voice was not the voice of a Frank I had ever heard before, it dripped with so much venom and hate that it could almost hurt someone all in itself.

My dad released my arm, making me gasp in horror again before whipping around to face Frank.

I screeched, trying to fight my pained body that wanted to keep quiet, "No! Don't touch Frankie!"

My dad snickered to himself, "Getting defensive of your emo boyfriend, huh, Ellie? It's a shame he's probably gay. The two of you would make a cute, worthless, couple. You could live together, have a nice family with lots of grubby worthless little children that will betray you and make him leave you, making you have to take care of those little worthless pieces of shit on your own." He looked up, eyeing a IV cord plugged into Frank's arm. "Wouldn't it be so fucking sad if I tripped over that cord and somehow put a little air bubble in it, let the thing reach his heart and kill him?" My dad threw his head back, full out cackling as I freaked out.

"Nurse! Nurse! Nurse!" I cried, desperate for help.

But no one came.