Chapter 17

At first he looked shocked. Then hurt. Then shocked all over again. It was a back and forth type of thing. Shock, hurt, shock, hurt.

Then he cracked a small smile. "Jeez Ell, you sure do bounce back fast." I knew he was trying to make me smile. He was just so...giving.

I threw myself at him, burying my face deep in his chest and just cried. He rocked back and forth while rubbing my back. I mumbled out incoherent things to him.

I stopped crying when my eyes ran dry and became sore. I was only hiccuping now.

"Ell, can you tell me what happened?" He asked slowly, like I was a child. I nodded feebly.

"He...he was..." I didn't know how to explain it. "I...he.." My words began to turn into sobs again.

"Shh, it's okay sweetheart. Just go talk to him, then tell me what happened." I looked up at him, my eyes starting to water. He smiled down at me. I kissed his cheek, thanking him softly.

He gave me an encouraging pat on the back as I walked away.

Now, I was in front of Gerard's room. Should I knock? Or should I just barge in? Well, if I knocked he probably wouldn't let me in, but I don't want to just walk in without permission. I sighed at my stupid internal battle and just twisted the door knob.

The first thing I saw was the top of his black hair. "Gee?" I whispered softly.

"I don't want to talk." He said.

"Well you're gonna have to. I am not leaving this room untill I see you smiling again. Now, sit up and look at me." I said with a hard glare.

"Leave, Ellie." I ground my teeth, making my jaw hurt. I sighed. Fine, if he wants to be stubborn, then I will to.

I stomped over to his form splaying across the huge bed and sat on him. Yeah, I sat on him. He groaned under me. "Ellie! Get off!"

"No."

"Move or I'll throw you off."

"Will you talk to me?" I asked, hoping he would.

"No." I glared at the wall.

"Then I'm not getting off you." Wrong move on my part. He actually did throw me off of his back, but then he ended up sitting on me, holding my arms down.

I didn't say a word. I just looked up at him. His hazel eyes were void of any emotion.

"Gee, I didn't pick Frank over you. I haven't even had time to process my feelings. I'm so confused. Trust me, I never wanted to hurt you or Frank. Both of you mean the world to me and I hate knowing it's my fault. Are you listening to me?"

He gave a curt nod. "Why did you kiss him?"

"I don't know. I guess we were lost in the moment." I averted my eyes.

He stayed quiet. "Umm, Gee, can you get off of me?" I asked awkwardly. He didn't say a thing, just did as I asked.

He still looked upset.

"Ell, do you feel anything at all for me?" I looked up when he spoke.

"Of course I do, Gee. I wouldn't have kissed you if I didn't."

"That doesn't count as a kiss. It was too rushed." I frowned. It counted for me. He doesn't know how long I have been wanting to kiss him.

"I-" I started, but stopped when he took my face in his hands.

"Stop talking for just two seconds." And with that, his lips were on mine again. For the second time today.

He kissed me slowly, moving his lips at a slow pace. A burning heat twisted my stomach into knots. Tiny pin-pricks stabbed softly at my lips. It felt like my body was on fire and I was drowning in it. I wonder if he felt it to.

Then he pulled away, leaving my lips cold.

"Wow," Was all he said.

Without thinking about it, my hands pulled his face back to mine and I kissed him like I would never see him again. I couldn't get enough of him. I ran my fingers through his hair. His fingers dug into my waist, pulling me tighter against him.

Then the door opened and a high pitched voice rang through the room