Chapter 12

My heart skipped a beat the moment Frank spoke. I could finally get away from my dad! As soon as I processed what had just happened, I ran over to where Frank was standing, enveloping him in a huge hug.

I buried my face into his sweatshirt and tried to snuggle as close to him as I possibly could, all the while muttering, "Thank you, thank you, thank you..." He instantly returned the hug, leaning down to push his lips onto my forehead and kiss me; he was about three inches taller than me. As soon as his warm lips made contact with my forehead a tingly thrill went up my spine and my throat began to ache with want for him to kiss me on the lips.

 I pulled away from him to gaze in his eyes. Gerard was standing over his shoulder, staring at me with a hurt expresssion.

I pulled away too suddenly, horrified and astonished that I was having these thoughts for someone other than Gerard. I was unable to even look at Frank's face again, most likely hurt and confused.

 "I-I'm sorry" I uttered in a shaking voice, to Gerard and Frank. The tears started to run down my cheeks, and I ran.

  I was just overcome with all this emotion... So many things were happening just so quickly. It was a huge step just for me to finally tell the truth about my abuse and now other things just piling and piling- I can't handle it!

"Ellie wa-" Frank yelled, his voice dripping with agony and sadness.

I heard Ray whisper softly, "No, give her time."

Not wanting to even hear their voices anymore I walked aimlessly down the hallway, confused, lost, and with fresh warm tears flowing down my cheeks.

Unable to see, I walked into something muscular, but very bumpy. Blinking, I realized this was a person.

"Ellie? What's wrong?" Mikey's voice rang out, worried.

"Frank and the abuse and the bruises and the moving..." I tried to explain it all to Mikey, but I was so overcome by all the things that had happened it came out in a jumble.

It was just so much to take in, all the things that had just happened could be life changing for me. I was so surprised by the band being so excepting and caring my whole thought process was thrown off.

But, because of my jumbled words, Mikey misunderstood.

After seeing my bruises he yelled, "Frank did that to you? I'll kill him! Nobody hurts the girl I fucking love!"

 Wait, what?

Before I could stop him he was down the hall and going to the room I had left Frank, Ray and Gerard in. Still an emotional wreck, I tried my best to follow Mikey, but the moment Mikey started to run I knew I would be unable to stop him before he did something that he would regret as soon as he learned what had really happened.

Somehow, even through my sore and blurred eyes, I managed to make it to the room Mikey had disappeared into. As I opened the door, I gasped at the horrid sight. Frank lay on the ground, blood gushing out of his nose all over his sweatshirt. Mikey was being held back by Gee, trying his best to escape Gerard's clutches and hit Frank again. All the while Ray was being ignored as he tried to reason with Mikey and explain what actually happened.

As I stared at the horrible mess of my friends I hung my head. What had I done? I ruined everything, killing thier happienes just as I knew I would...