Chapter 14

I walked back into the room, arm wrapped around Mikey's back. As I entered I realized what had to come next. The one I feared most, unsure of what was going to happen between us. Gerard.

I inhaled, closing my eyes tightly. My arm fell from Mikey's shoulder, where it had been perched. Breathing out slowly, I cracked open my eyes and peered around the room. Finally, I spotted him crumpled against the wall with his head in his hands.

Crap.

I stumbled over, fear welling up in my stomach. Painfully, it grew with every step I took, the worry piling and piling. This is just the type of situation that I normally get nervous and screw up. Only now, with all this tension between us I felt like one false word, one little mistake, could ruin our friendship forever.

I stood there, frozen, finally about a foot from where he sat. Suddenly, I felt like I was suffocating, unable to get air flowing into my lungs. As I took a loud, ragged raspy breath Gerard's eyes cracked open red from dried tears.

"I'm stupid, aren't I?" his voice was so dissapointed and ashamed I felt even sicker, "I could see the way you felt when you hugged him, when his lips touched your forehead... I can not make you feel that spark." He pushed his face back into his hands and I numbly settled down next to him, leaning against the cold wall.

"Don't say that. You don't know what we have!" As soon as the words left my mouth I realized how desperate and untrue they seemed. Surely, Gerard could tell what our relationship was...

Gee frowned, an annoyed look creeping onto his face, "Don't lie. Just go kiss your new boyfriend. Be happy with what you have." I could not even tell if he was genuinely concerned with me being happy and he was accidentally letting the sarcasm seep in or if his voice was meant to be sarcastic in a cruel way.

I gasped, my cheeks turning bright red, "Wait, how did you know about me and Frank's kiss?"

Gerard's eyes grew wide and his mouth dropped open, "What?"

Trying to speak, I choked on my words, realizing he had not even known.

And I had just told him.

He started to get up and I panicked, worried he would do something stupid like hurt Frank or even himself.

Suddenly, with no time to think, I lunged forward, hastily gripping his face and tugging it against mine. He instantly returned the actions. It was passionate, but it was nothing like the kiss with Frank. Franks kiss was slow, I could anticipate it. This time it was rugged and hastily executed, no time for deep feelings and slowly progressing, but even as rushed as it was, it still made my heart beat faster. Like an adreniline rush. It was sudden, extremely unexpected.

We broke apart, as quickly as we had joined. His eyes were flaming with newly rekindled passion and love.

I was too worried now though, not focusing on what the kiss meant, but something I found to be more important.

Just who had seen us?