Chapter 58

Emma's pov

As soon as Killian opens his mouth, I know what he's saying. The mischievous smirk he gives me says it all.

Everyone looks to me and claps loudly with a few shouts here and there.

"Emma, Emma, Emma," Scara starts, pumping her arm in the air.

My family quickly joins in and soon the whole diner too. I jokingly stare daggers at my sister, which makes nearly everyone laugh.

Henry is practically pushing me out of the booth, so I stand up. Everyone stops their chant and instead cheers and claps.

I hand my baby brother to Henry, and then walk around to behind my sister.

"We're going to fight," I mumble, jokingly.

"Duel at dawn?" She responds, continuing the joke as she sips her hot cocoa.

"Deal," I joke, as we share a quick giggle.

I walk up to my true love and smile at him. He gives me a wide smirk.

"So Mr. Jones, what song shall we be singing?"

"Oh I have an idea, love," Killian states with a genuine smile, as he mouths something to Red. She nods and clicks a few buttons. The second the song starts playing, I know exactly what song it is.

It's The Words by Christina Perri.

As a little girl I would sit on my bed in my shared room and listen to it through my headphones, over and over. I would tune out the world, and imagine finding a love as strong as the one in the song. I never dreamed it would be this amazing, or like this at all.

But like my mom says, "happy endings aren't always what you expect them to be."

My true love smiles at me as he begins to sing, god I love his voice.

Killian's pov

Me: All of the lights land on you

The rest of the world fades from view

And all of the love I see

Please, please say you feel it too

Emma seems to have calmed down quite a bit. She's grinning from ear to ear, probably because my eyes haven't left hers throughout the song. She takes a deep breath and begins to sing.

Emma: And all of the noise I hear inside

Restless and loud, unspoken and wild

And all that you need to say

To make it all go away

It's that you feel the same way too

Emma Swan sounds like heaven's most beautiful angel. Her voice is soft and sweet, but packs a nice little kick to it. It's the most perfect thing I have ever heard.

Both: And I know

The scariest part is letting go

'Cause love is a ghost you can't control

I promise you the truth can't hurt us now

So let the words slip out of your mouth...

Scara's pov

I watch and listen as Killian and Emma sing the song to each other. Their voices together make my heart melt. You can just feel the love and connection between them through their voices. It's so strong; you can sense it a mile away.

The way they are singing to each other reminds me of this one movie that JJ made me watch. It was some preteen movie called High School Musical. That scene at the very beginning of the first movie, when they're on stage singing karaoke.

They're not uncomfortable like the two stars of the movie, but they sing like they're the only two people in the room just like them.

The song ends and our family quickly stands up and cheers, as do everyone else. They come and sit down in their normal spots, beside each other.

"Still mad?" I ask my sister with a mischievous smile, "Because the duel at dawn still stands."

"Nah," she plays off, "besides we both know I would win."

"Don't challenge a pirate, Mate," I respond with raised eyebrows, "especially one who learned from the best."

"Curiosity has taken me," Killian says, "Who?"

"Yeah, you've never mentioned who you learned from," Reid points out.

It's true. Briefly going over the subject with Chris not included, I haven't really talked about my pirate days with anyone.

"I knew you wouldn't believe me if I told you," I say with a giggle.

"Well I for one will believe practically anything at this point," Morgan says as we all laugh, "So spill it."

"Jack Sparrow."