Chapter 18

Emma's pov

I wake up early to the feeling of feather light kisses all over my face. I lazily open my eyes to see my handsome pirate hovering over me.

"Mm good morning to you too," I giggle as I gently press my lips to his.

After a while, we get up, get dressed, and then go into the main living room.

In the middle of the night Regina and Robin came to relieve us so we went to, what was originally my parent's, room and slept.

When I get in, I see everyone, but Scara is awake. Perfect.

My parents, Killian, and I take turns filling in the group on what happened and what was discussed the night before.

"She was killed by a car?" Henry asked when we finished.

"Yeah, kid," I say sadly, "I'm sorry."

"Well, I guess it could've been worse," he laments.

I smile at his optimism. I still think it skipped a generation in the family.

Scara walks into the room with her fingers working to finish tying off her braid.

Scara's pov

I wake up feeling refreshed and terrible at the same time. This is the first time I've slept in 2 weeks, but I had a nightmare about the night day I died. It's like going through the pain over and over again.

I begin to straighten up my ragged clothes. When I first came to the Underworld, my clothes were on the verge of falling apart. I stitched up the holes and have re-stitched them when they fell apart. Now they're falling apart again.

Wait, I have magic.

I close my eyes and remember what my sister said yesterday about magic and wave my hand over my body. When I'm done, I open my eyes and gaze down. All the holes are no longer open.

I smile to myself as I quickly throw on Chris' jacket, zip it up, and open the door while putting the finishing touches on my braid.

"Good morning," David says, "how did you sleep?"

"About as good as possible down here," I state truthfully.

"That's good," my father says with a forced smile. Obviously, the fact that I'm dead is still eating away at him.

"Scara," Regina says seriously.

Oh shit, what did I do?

"I think I speak for everyone when I say this. Even though you've only officially been in the family for 12 hours, you are as big a part of this family as any of us. That being said I, for one, am not leaving the Underworld until you move on from here."

I am pretty damn sure I've got tears in my eyes.

The Evil Queen pretty much just gave me a compliment, and it's one of the nicest one's ever.

"Really," I say as I let a few tears roll down, "y'all want to help me."

"Of course," my father says, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, "that's what family's do. They help each other."

I give a smile full of all the gratefulness I can muster up.

"I don't know what to say."

"Well I do," Emma says "tell us. What's your unfinished business?"

"It's two things actually, one was finding my birth parents," I say as I look to Snow and Charming both smile.

I carefully choose my words on the second part. If I say the wrong thing, I would reveal that I was lying earlier. I just need to bend the truth a little.

"And the other is a bit more complex. I was with someone when I died, and I don't actually know if they made it out alive or not."

I see most of the group has painful expressions on their face. At least they don't know the whole truth.

"Who was it?" my father asks, "Who was with you?"

I gaze down and smile as my mind wonders to memories of the best moments of my life. When my mom gazes at my face, I can see a smile grow on hers.

"Was it someone...special?" she asks.

"Very."

Henry's pov

My aunt pulls what looks like a necklace out from under her shirt. She gazes at it like it's her most prized possession.

I realize that it's not just a necklace, but a locket. She opens it up as a few tears slip out of her eyes. She tries hard to keep them in, but they fall anyway.

"He was my boyfriend," she says finally.

She begins to let people see the picture around her neck.

"That's a beautiful picture, Scara," Grandma Snow says with tears in her eyes.

"It's me, my team, and my boyfriend."

Everyone looks at the picture with a smile. Soon everyone's seen it, but me and my mom Regina.

When I see Scara smiling with the people around her, I can't help but smile at the sight. My aunt is so blissfully happy in the picture, it's like nothing can destroy it.

Except for death.

My eyes nearly pop out of my head when I see the face of the boy she has her arms wrapped around.

I know him.