Chapter 51

David's pov

As soon as my wife hangs up the phone, a thought crosses my mind.

"How is Scara going to do this job?" I ask my family.

"What do you mean?" Emma asks.

"One of the other agents mentioned that they spend a good portion of their time working, and they work in Virginia. If she does this job, she can't just keep going from Maine to Virginia. It would take too long to get back and forth."

Snow and Emma share a scared look that I'm sure I also have.

My youngest daughter is going to have to choose between the job she's had since she was twelve, and her family who she's known for less than a week.

"I might be able to help with that," Regina says, "ever since Emma and I went to find Lily, I've been doing some research about how magic works outside of Storybrooke."

"Because of..." Emma trails off.

"Yes," Regina cuts her off.

Henry, Snow, and I all look at them confused as they both sigh.

"Lily was taunting me about how she was going to hurt you guys, and how I wouldn't be able to stop her because I don't have power outside of Storybrooke. I got so angry at her for wanting to hurt you all, and well at her in general. As soon as I became angry, the power box on a phone line behind us nearly exploded."

Our confused expressions are replaced by shock and wide eyes.

"That was my reaction too," Regina points out, "that's why I was investigating it and I think I have an idea."

Chris' pov

I wake up to an alarm beeping. I slowly open my eyes and glance at the alarm on my side of the bed.

Damn, it's already 10 in the morning.

"Turn it off," Scara groans, sleepily as she curls up into me further.

I laugh at her childlike behavior, as I turn off the alarm. I bring her further into my arms and she snuggles right in.

"Baby, it's time to get up," I say gently.

She just groans again and clings onto me tighter. I soak in the moment.

Because of her days on the high seas, she almost always gets up earlier than me. Then there are rare days like this, when all she wants to do is get an extra 5 minutes of sleep.

The arrest last night must have taken more out of her than I thought.

I have learned from past experience that nothing you try will get her up when she's like this, except one thing.

"If you get up, I'll make you some hot chocolate with cinnamon."

Scara slowly picks up her bedhead and glares at me. We both know that when you get the idea of hot chocolate in her mind, she can't stop thinking about it.

"You did that on purpose," she accuses, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"I have no idea what you're taking about," I say with an innocent smile.

"Sure," she says sarcastically.

I lean down and we exchange a short kiss.

"You know I can't be mad at you when you do that," she jokingly whines.

"Yep I do," I say, getting up and going to the bathroom.

I change quickly and wait for Scara's signal.

"Clear."

I laugh at the thought of the code word as I walk back into the main area.

The first time she said it was right after a very 'draining' case. The team had to search two huge empty mansions room by room. She had to say "clear" probably fifty times. Scara was so tired after that case that she said "clear" on autopilot.

"What's so funny?" she jokingly sneers, coming up to wrap her arms around my neck.

"Just of how we came up with that code word," I answer, returning her joking sneer and wrapping my arms around her slim waist.

"I was tired," she says, rolling her eyes.

"I know, but it was only two mansions and a team of unsubs," I joke.

"You're lucky that I love you, because you can really annoy me sometimes," she replies, raising her eyebrows.

"Yes I am," I reply with a smirk.

She rolls her emerald eyes with a smile and stands on her tiptoes to peck my lips.

"You know, I love you too?"

"I know," she says with a genuine smile, "but I never get tired of hearing it."

"Good, because I never gonna stop saying it."

She smiles and pulls me in for a passionate kiss. Our lips dance together until we run out of air.

"Now about that hot cocoa..." Scara hints.

"Yes let's get you your morning fix," I say as we exit the motel room.

We nearly walk straight into Rossi as we step outside.

"Good morning, young loves," Rossi greets as we all head around the corner to the motel lobby.

I hadn't realized until now how much I missed him calling us that.

"Nah-ah-ah," Scara says, jokingly shaking her finger, "it's true loves now."

"Ah how could I forget," Rossi jokes back with a smile, "if I've said it before, I going to say it again, it's great to have you back."

"And it is great to be back," she states on instinct, tightening her grip around my waist. I tighten my grip around her shoulders in response.

The three of us walk into the motel lobby and head over to the motel's complimentary breakfast and seating area. We walk over and sit down with the rest of the team, well everyone except Reid.

"Where's Reid?" Scara asks suspiciously.

"MORGAN!" Reid shouts, stomping into the lobby.