Chapter 35

Emma's pov

I see the outline of a person start to come into view from the shadows.

It's my sister, Scara.

Cutler Beckett has a look of sheer horror on his face as Scara Rose slowly walks to him from across the room. She has a very ticked off look on her face and she just stares at him angrily.

By the time Scara is hallway across the room from him, he is literally shaking.

One by one, five other girls step out from all sides of the room. Like Scara, they all have tattered, blood stained clothes on.

Cutler Beckett killed all of them.

Scara releases her killer from the wall and the girls surround him in the middle of the room. One of the girls is too little, so she is hiding over near agent Jarreau. One of the girls, who looks to be the oldest, sees this and walks over to pick her up. She whispers something in her ear and the little girl nods.

It's weird; I don't think they even noticed us, not even the littlest one.

The two girls go to join the group when Neal begins to cry. On instinct, my mom and I try to move towards him, but we can't because we're attached to the wall.

Scara hears her brother's cry and cautiously walks over to pick him up. She walks slowly so she doesn't scare him. As soon as she lifts him into her arms, Neal stops crying.

My family has tears in our eyes as we watch them. My sister gazes down at our brother with tears streaming down her face. Neal looks up at her with his curious eyes and lightly touches her face.

"Cawa?"

Scara looks like she's about to break down.

She laughs silently with tears free-flowing from her eyes. She walks over to right next to Chris and sets Neal down gently on the floor. Scara kneels down and gazes at him with nothing but love in her eyes.

"Love yah, kid," she mouths to him. I think she was actually talking just then.

We should have been able to hear her laugh and talk. So why can't we hear her?

Scara brushes his tiny tusks of hair away from his face and kisses his forehead. She then stands up and turns away.

Okay, they definitely can't see us. She would have at least sneaked a peak in our direction.

Neal looks at us and giggles. He has no clue what's going on.

"Kis."

Scara freezes and slowly turns back around. She looks like she's just seen a ghost.

She glares at him with wide eyes. She kneels in front of him again and follows his line of sight and looks in our general direction.

She is looking around in confusion, she really can't see us.

Tears stream down Chris' face as he reaches out to grab her wrist. His hand goes right through her arm.

Scara gasps, well I'm assuming because we can't hear her, and stands up in alarm, grabbing her arm. She rubs it while looking in our direction. She visibly relaxes as a smile slowly comes across face.

Now, we can't hear her, but I swear this is what comes out of her mouth.

"Chris?"

I think he realizes it to because he smiles and even laughs through his tears.

"That's right, I'm right here," he says, even though she can't hear her him, "and I love you so much."

Before anyone can do or say anything else, we hear yelling from across the room.