Silent Beauty: Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter 24:

Liam's POV:

    I shuffled nervously as I stood in front of the mirror glancing back at Ally every few seconds. I buttoned up my shirt and gave myself a once over making sure that I looked presentable enough before taking a deep breath and closing my eyes. I opened my eyes and turned around walking towards the bed where Ally was still sleeping peacefully.

    I stroked her cheek lovingly and reached down to pull the blankets tighter around her. She sighed contentedly and unconsciously leaned her cheek into my hand. I stilled my hand and feared for a moment that she would wake up before I could go do what I needed to.

    I needed to talk to Anthony, and this was definitely a conversation that Ally couldn't be there for. I was going to ask Ally to marry me, but I was going to this right. Since Ally's father obviously wasn't around I was going to ask his permission to marry his sister. I can only hope he says yes, because I want to make Ally mine in every way possible. With that in mind I made my way to Anthony's room.

    Anthony knows how much I love Ally, so hopefully that will be enough to give me his consent. I know we are young. I mean I'm only 18 and Ally is 17, but once Ally turns 18 I want to marry her to show even the humans that she's not available.

    Once those insolent teenage boys at school catch sight of her without the hood on, they would all over her. I wanted to stake a claim on her that even humans would be able to see. No werewolf would dare go near her after I've made my mark on her which will hopefully be soon.

     I can't wait to feel her emotions so I will always know exactly what she's feeling. I don't know how I could possibly be even more protective than I am now, though. I laughed to myself at the thought before becoming serious when I reached the guest bedroom that Anthony was staying in.

    I knocked still feeling nervous, which isn't a normal thing for me. An alpha should never be nervous, and by no means was I afraid of Anthony. I was anxious and scared of what he would say. Even if he said no I could always disregard his wishes and propose to Ally anyways, but that would ruin any chance of having a relationship with my mates brother, and that would only succeed in hurting Ally. I certainly didn't want that.

    I snapped out of my thoughts when Anthony opened the door with a yawn. He rubbed his hand over his face and stared at me lazily. "Dude, its 6 in the morning. What are you doing here? And why are you dressed so nice?" He asked while leaning against the door frame.

    My breath got caught in my throat for a second before I screamed at myself to man up and just ask him already. I took one more deep breath before I began speaking. "Sorry, man. I know it's early, but I wanted to talk to you before Ally woke up, and I dressed up because I felt I needed to look nice for this conversation." I said pausing so I could try to find the perfect words.

    By now Anthony looked completely lost so before he could question me I continued. "Anthony. Ally doesn't have a father obviously, so I am trying to do this as traditionally as possible. You are the only family she has left so I thought it best to ask you." I said and a look of understanding dawned on him before he wiped his face free from any emotion.

    "Listen. I know Ally and I are young, but I love her with everything I have. I would do anything for her, and I promise that I can make her happy. I want to spend the rest of my life making her happy and giving her anything in the world that she wants. She is my world, and I want to show everybody that I am the luckiest man on earth. So, Anthony, what I'm asking is… Will you give me your blessing to marry your sister?" I finished sighing in relief that I had finally spit the question out, and now all I had to do was wait for his response.

    I stared at Anthony not willing to show him any weakness even while I was vulnerable waiting for his answer. He stared back at me for a while scrutinizing me with his arms crossed. Then all of a sudden he stood up straight and narrowed his eyes slightly at me.  

    My heart sunk, but I didn't let anything show on my face. I just stared back at him waiting for him to say the words that I dreaded. Thats why when he finally spoke, I think my jaw dropped to the floor.

    "I swear if you don't take good care of her I will hunt you down. Alpha or not, I will hurt you. My baby sister deserves the best, and I truly believe you can give her everything she deserves. That's why I am giving you my blessing. Well, that and the fact that I really want to go back to bed right now." He said with a laugh at the end.

    I beamed at him and felt the urge to hug him, but I restrained myself. "Anthony, you won't regret this. I promise." I said sticking my hand out to shake his, and he nodded his head at me giving my hand a firm shake.

    "Take care of her," He said before smiling slightly at me before turning around and closing his door. I finally released a sigh of relief and returned to my room with a dazed look on my face. When I walked in I noticed that Ally was starting to stir, so I tried to compose myself.

    I got to the bed just as Ally opened her eyes slowly and looked at the spot next to her in confusion before finally looking up at me. I laughed at how cute she was and she pouted at me before patting the spot next to her.

    I climbed in next to her not even bothering to change out of my slacks and button down shirt. I pulled Ally to my chest and rested my forehead against hers. "Morning baby girl." I said leaning down to give her a quick peck loving the feel of her soft lips against mine.

    "Morning. Where have you been? I don't like waking up with you. The bed is cold without you." She whined and snuggled even farther into me making me chuckle. I pulled her tight against me and inhaled her intoxicating scent.

    "I just had to talk to your brother for a minute. You know, pack stuff." I said hating the fact that I had just lied to my mate, but its not like I could tell her I was going to ask for his blessing. I wasn't going to just accidentally spit out a proposal. I was going to make it special. I have been planning this for a while now, so that I would be prepared as soon as Anthony agreed.

    I was going to have my sister take Ally out shopping or something and Leah would distract her while I set up white lilies leading from our doorstep and into the forest. Each white lillie was going to have a note on it that has something I love about Ally or a memory of something we've done together written on it. The lilies would lead to me where I will be on one knee in my very best tuxedo and I'll be holding a flower that says "will you marry me?" on it.

    Then I will of course have a big pot of lasagna waiting for Ally. It may not seem very fancy, but my girl  does love lasagna, and I'm not going to deprive her of something she loves. I figure if she says yes we could lay out and watch the stars all night. I would bring a lot of blankets seeing as how it could get chilly here at night, and Ally always seems to be cold.

    Hopefully Leah would be able to distract Ally today, because I was ready to ask her to marry me tonight. I just had to go pick up the flowers and beg my mom to make her famous lasagna. Then I had to pick up the ring I put on hold at the jewelry store a few weeks ago just in case.

    The ring was simple yet elegant. It was just the right style that I knew Ally would fall in love with. Since I'm a guy I really don't know much about rings, but my mother helped me pick it out and when I saw it, I was reminded of Ally so I knew it was the one.

    As I thought that, I looked down at my angel, I realized that her breathing had evened out and she was once again asleep. I smiled down at her resting her head on my shoulder before I drifted to sleep myself, thinking about tonight.

Ally's POV:

    This time when I woke up, I felt Liam's arms wrapped securely around me and I could feel his warm breath on my face. I smiled and nuzzled into his shoulder before looking up and seeing Liam stare down at me with love shining in his eyes.

    "Morning…. Again." I said with a giggle and Liam chucked before sitting up and pulling me into his lap. He grinning at my surprised look before kissing my forehead.

    "Good morning gorgeous." He said laughing when I blushed slightly. He stopped laughing just as we heard a knock on the door. Liam sighed dramatically before mumbling something along the lines of "Can't even kiss my girl good morning without being interrupted. Damn infuriating people…" Liam went on grumbling to himself until he opened the door revealing an anxious looking Leah on the other side.

    "Liam?" Leah said as more of a question, confusing me. Why would she be greeting him like that? I assumed that Liam would be confused as well but I just saw him subtly nod in her way making her eyes light up in excitement while mine narrowed in suspicion.

    Liam scratched the back of his next and ran his fingers through his hair with he always did when he was nervous so this just made my suspicion grow. I got up making sure to pull Liam's shirt that I had worn to bed down before making my way towards the door.

    When I got there I narrowed my eyes at the pair and sidestepped Liam when we went to put his arm around me. Liam looked a bit hurt and I felt my eyes soften as I was filled with guilt, but I just crossed my arms and stared at him expectantly. "Liam, what are you hiding from me?"

    Liam looked down in shame while I saw Leah roll her eyes. "Oh please. Stop being so dramatic and get your butt ready. I'm taking you shopping today, and you are going to want to give your mate over there a hug. If you don't I am going to have to listen to you whine and wallow in self-pity all day. You have half an hour to get ready before I come up and get you myself." She said before skipping off down the hallway .

    I kept my glare for a few more seconds before sighing and softening my expressing. "Liam. I don't like when people keep things from me." I said softly and he continued to stare at the ground. I waited for him to look up at me, but after a few seconds when he still hadn't, I continued. "I know that you wouldn't keep something important from me, so come over here." I said grinning when his head snapped up with a hopeful expression on his face.

    I rolled my eyes at him before stepped forward and wrapping my arms around him. He tucked his head into my neck and began peppering kisses up to my jaw bone. I closed my eyes in pleasure as he worked his way all around my face before finally stopping at the corner of my lips.

    He paused for a second almost as if decided if he wanted to tease me or not. I was about to open my eyes and demand that he kiss me when I felt the pressure of his lips on mine. I instantly brought my arms up to Liam's back feeling his muscles tense beneath my hands.                            

    I moved my hands up and tangled my fingers into his soft hair. He groaned into my mouth and I pulled away breathlessly leaning my forehead against his with our noses touching while I stared deeply into his eyes. "I love you." I whispered, and saw him smile immediately.

    "I love you too, angel. So much." He said before kissing my lips softly once more and pulling away. "You better get going, because Leah really will come up here and drag you out the door." Liam said while leading me towards the closet, so I could get dressed.

    I pouted at him, but still went in and quickly put on a pair of jeans with an off the shoulder top and my vans. Then I just brushed through my hair and swiped on some mascara leaving my makeup like that before I headed back out to see Liam also dressed and ready to go. "Are you coming with us?" I asked hopefully.

    Liam looked over at me. "No." He said with a smile. "I don't think I would be able to survive a day of shopping with my sister. I honest don't know how you're able to do it." He said and I was a little disappointed, but I could be away from him for a day.

    "It's a gift." I said walking over and giving Liam a quick squeeze. "I'll see you later tonight. Bye. I love you." I said pecking his cheek and hurrying out the door not wanting to face the wrath of Leah.

________________________________________________________________________________________

    I let out a breath of annoyance as Leah grabbed another three dresses to try on. We had been here almost all day and she hadn't bought a single thing, but she just kept trying on clothes and dragging me around the mall.

    I have a feeling her trying on all these clothes has something to do with what her and Liam were hiding from me this morning. For some reason I think she is stalling me. I had tried to coax her into going home but she just kept humming and picking out various outfits that she claimed she just had to try on.

    We were in one of the large department stores when I finally just plopped down in one of the chairs by the waiting room and leaned back resting my eyes.

    I felt myself being shaken awake and I snapped my eyes open feeling disoriented. When I shook the sleep away, I met a pair of deep hazel eyes staring down at me. The fact that I had no idea who the eyes belonged to put me on edge.

    I instantly analyzed the rest of the person's face and realized that it was a guy around my age with black spiked up hair and tanned skin. He was leaning over me and was way too close for comfort. I flinched back into the seat staring up at him cautiously.

    He looked at me apologetically. "Hey baby doll. I didn't mean to scare you. I was just wondering why a pretty girl like you was sleeping in the middle of a clothing store." He said looking down at me expectantly and I pondering whether I should talk to him or just get up and run.

    I finally decided that just answering him couldn't do me much harm. "I was waiting for my friend." I said rubbing the sleep from my eyes and looking back up at him.

    "Hmm. Well, maybe you should ditch your friend and come hang out with me at my place. I have a nice warm bed that you can…. sleep in." He declared smiling wickedly at me while I shuddered at his proposal.

    "N-n-no thanks. I h-have a boyfriend." I stuttered out noticing that the guy didn't see the least bit defeated. He just looked more determined. I shrank back into the chair as he put his hands on the wall caging me in.

    My breathing started to pick up as he spoke again. "Well, baby doll, it's a good thing that boyfriend of yours isn't here right now, cause I know you can't pass up the offer to visit my bedroom. Your little boyfriend never has to find out that I made you scream in pleasure." He whispered in my ear sending a spike of fear through my body and I felt tears well up in my eyes.

    I was just about to knee the boy in the crotch and make a run for it when I heard Leah's voice from behind him. "Yeah, I would walk away right now, because if my brother finds out that you were messing with his…" she paused and sniffed the air before smirking evilly. "If he finds out you were messing with his mate, he won't be very happy especially since he's a soon-to-be Alpha wolf. You know how protective they can get of their mates."

    Her words made the guy freeze and slowly step back from me with his hands raised in surrender. "Woah. I didn't know she was an Alpha's mate." He rushed out before turning around and fleeing the store making me finally sigh in relief.

    I looked over to Leah gratefully. She seemed to understand what I meant because she waved her hand dismissively. "No problem, Ally. I had to promise my brother I wouldn't let any guys near you while we out. He's convinced that someone will try to steal you away from him." She said and began mumbling about how idiotic Liam was sometimes. "Anyways, let's get you home. I'm sorry that I dragged you around all day. I just couldn't find anything I liked." She said innocently and I let it slide seeing as how she just saved me from that pervert.

    I hopped up and we walked through the mall casually chatting about clothes and fashion until we got to her car. We got in and I stared out the window listing to Leah talk about how we would have to have a spa day soon. I just nodded occasionally not really paying attention to what she was saying. After the run in with that guy, all I wanted was to feel Liam's arms around me as he whispered comforting words into my ear.

    Thats why when we finally pulled up to the house, I quickly jumped out of the car and practically ran up to the steps only to be stopped by a white lily with a tag hanging off of it sitting on the front porch. I looked around to see if Leah had followed me but she was nowhere in sight, so I curiously picked up the white lily and began to read the tag. It said, "Ally, my angel, follow the lilies and come find me. I'll be waiting. -L" I smiled and turned around noticing the lilies leading around towards the back of the house.

    I picked them up one by one reading the things they said on them. The second one said, "I remember the first time I ever looked into your gorgeous blue eyes and I began jumping for joy in the middle of class when I knew you were my mate. It was one of the happiest days of my life." I had to giggle because I remembered perfectly when he had jumped up from his seat and just stared down at me until the end of class. I was still smiling when I read the next one which was located in the backyard. It read, "I am now going to tell you only a fraction of the reasons that I love you because there's not enough flowers in the world to express all of them. so 1. I love the way you fit so perfectly into my arms when we sleep at night."

    Then one by one I followed the lilies until I was deep in the forest. I was currently on number 10. All the reasons were, "2. I love the way you pout at me when you want something, or just when you want to tease me. 3. I love the way you interact so well with my family. 4. I love how accepting and understanding you are of everything. You always see the bright side in things. 5. I love how you get embarrassed by the simplest of comments or kisses and that beautiful blush fills your cheeks. 6. I love how strong you are no matter what you've been through in your life. 7. I love how you complain when I buy you things because you are the most selfless, considerate, kind person I have ever met. 8. I love how protective you are of the people you love like when you set those bullies straight for messing with Adam. 9. I love how motherly you are with Adam. It makes me think of our future pups. 10. I love how when we're kissing you tangle your fingers into my hair."

    By now tears were streaming down my face at all the things Liam had written about me. I don't know how I got so lucky. Liam was so sweet and romantic that I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. Now more than ever I wanted to hug and kiss him with everything I had, so I rushed towards the next lilly noticing finally that I was right outside the place where Liam asked me to be his girlfriend and there wasn't a doubt in my mind that he was waiting there for me. I picked up the flower carefully holding the card up so I could read it. 11. I love how you have changed my life so drastically in the few months I have known you. I love how you have given me a purpose to live."

    I smiled through the endless stream of tears now before wiping my eyes and walking through the trees. It only took me a second to spot Liam standing in the middle of the opening in a tuxedo holding a single white lily. I send him a watery smile and slowly walked towards him with my flowers in my hands. As I got about 3 feet away from him, I saw him start to shift before he slowly moved so that he was down on one knee while staring directly at me with his intense green eyes.

    I gasped and stared at him shocked. I didn't even have time to register what was going on before Liam grabbed my hand and began talking. "Ally, you are my world, and I don't think that I could survive even a second without you. You put light in my life and you make every moment exciting even if we're just laying in my bed staring into each other's eyes. I've always dreamed about having my mate, and when you came along you completely blew me away. I never knew that having a mate would be so amazing. I never dreamed that my heart would skip a beat every time I thought about you. That's what happens to me, though, and you are the only person who has the affect on me. You have a hold over me that I never thought possible. I would do anything you asked and go to the edges of the universe just to please you. You're my life, Ally, and I want everybody, human and werewolf, to know that I am the luckiest man alive because I have you on my arm. So… Alexandra Nicole Sanders, will you do me honor and become my wife. Will you marry me?" He asked while handing me the last lily that had the same question written on the card, and I was shocked beyond belief.

    "Liam….