Silent Beauty: Chapter Four

Chapter 4:

Ally’s POV:

                Just as I suspected, that morning it was hard to move, but I managed to get dressed and make my way down the stairs to make breakfast. I quickly made an omelet with bacon and toast like my father liked before rushing out of the house before he woke up.

                I limped all the way to school making it there slowly. Right when I walked into the school the bell rang, and I rushed to class. I kept my head down and pulled my hood even tighter around my face than usual due to the fresh bruises.

                When I made it to class, it was about half full, but I didn’t see Liam anywhere. Hopefully he decided to not come to today because surely he won’t make the mistake of talking to me again. I sighed sadly at the thought before shaking it away and walking to my seat.

                I was used to the pointing and teasing by now so I just ignored it as I walked towards the back. My whole body was aching by the time I finally collapsed in my seat and the soreness from last night and then walking the mile to school was getting to me, and I was exhausted.

                I didn’t even think before putting my head down on the desk and drifting off to sleep.

                I woke up by somebody tapping my shoulder gently, but it didn’t register in my mind that this person was being tender and not rough. My chair screeched across the floor as I jumped up and took a few steps away from the person who woke me up before I realized that it was Liam.

                A hurt expression flitted across his face, and I shot him an apologetic look but I doubt he could see it very well through my hood. He tried to compose his wounded look, but I could still see the pain in his eyes as he spoke.

                “I-I-I’m sorry.” He stuttered before taking a deep breath and continuing while holding up my backpack. “I didn’t mean to scare you. I just wanted to make sure you knew class was over, and I also brought your bad from yesterday. You left it in here.”

                I didn’t even realize I left my bag here yesterday. I totally forgot, but it’s not like it mattered anyways. There was nothing too important in there.

                I shakily took a step towards him and grabbed my backpack from his hands. I was still a little unstable because of the whole scene, but for some reason I knew Liam wouldn’t hurt me.

                When I grabbed the bag, my hand lightly brushed against Liam’s skin, and I felt shocks running up my arm and throughout my body. I jerked my hand away and looked up at Liam’s shocked and confused as to what was happening.

                I could tell me saw it to and he started to give me a smile but then his expression darkened and I couldn’t figure out why. I looked at him confused until I realized that my hood had fallen slightly and Liam could probably see my face.

                I noticed him staring at my cheek with a murderously angry face. I had no idea why he would be angry just because I had a few bruises. Quickly, I shoved the hood down as far as possible over my head and tried to run out of the room.

                I made it to the door before I felt a large warm hand grab my arm, preventing me from leaving the classroom. Why is it that I always get stuck in here alone with Liam after class? I tried to free myself from his grasp, but it was hard when all I wanted to do was turn around and wrap my arms around him.