Chapter 17

Today's the sixth day in a row that I'm visiting Violet. She needs my help and I need a friend and good advice. She's great with advice, especially with boys.

"Hey Kaila!" She jumps into my arms and I give her a kiss on the cheek.

I head to the living room and turn on the news, "A young man arrested for raping several woman. His most recent victim, A 15 year old girl named Charlotte reported him. Luckily she isn't pregnant..."

I shut off the TV. I'm actually not that shocked, he sure does get around. The only thing that shocked me is that she is a 15 year old girl. fifteen.

"That man looks familiar!" I look over at Kaila.

Fake smile, "Sweetie, I doubt you know that horrible man."

"Okay. I'm tired." She rubs her eyes.

"Nap time I guess." After I tuck her in I go talk to Violet in the kitchen, "She's asleep. Were you a Cooper victim?"

She nods her head and pulls the lasagna out of the oven.

I nod back understanding that she doesn't want to talk about it.

Even though she had Kaila she had a pretty good life. Good job as a waitress, nice house just for the two of them, and a few select friends-including me-to help her a lot.

"Are you staying for dinner?"

I nod and pour 3 cups of grape juice.

I hangout in the living room for about 30 minutes until dinners done.

I wake up Kaila and get her ready for dinner.

~~~~~~~~

"Bye!" I wave as I walk down the street.

I jog the rest of the way home.

"Nikki, when are you going to spend more time at home?" It's Leah.

"I'll stay home tomorrow. I really enjoy helping and hanging out with Violet and Kaila."

"You're father comes home tomorrow from his business trip in Japan." Not my real father of course, my foster father. He left 3 weeks ago, time sure does fly.

I go to my room and lay on my bed. I blare Pompeii by Bastille on my radio. I love the song but for some reason it makes me sad and upset.

I fall asleep not long after I close eyes and wake up to crying. Loud crying.

Its coming from downstairs. James is asleep, he must've sneaked in after I fell asleep.

I look at the clock and see that it's 6 in the morning, 30 minutes before James and my alarm.

I get into a blue lace dress and white flats as fast as I can and hurry downstairs. I follow the weeping to the kitchen and see Leah with her head down on the table.

She looks up at me, "He's dead."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Mwahahahaha. Keep reading!! Vote. Comment. Follow Me.

Thanks :) BYE