Chapter 5

The long night of the sleepover with Amanda wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. Usually we do makeovers, gossip, watch movies and pig-out. Instead we argued about James, and.. talked about  James. All night!! It wasn't all her fault though because I usually go to her house but she wanted to see my foster home and we don't have all that stuff. Next time I'll have to beg Leah (Foster mom) for snacks,movies and magazines. Sure, my life is good and I have most of the stuff a teen should have like a phone and a few books, but its not like a regular life with a tv in your room, tons of presents on Christmas, and family time.

I wish I had more time to think about my life but Leah convinced me to go shopping at Khols to pick out a few things. I get into a ruffly red top with a black skirt and brown belt.

Perfect. 

"Le-Mom! I'm ready" I'm still getting used to calling her mom. It would be easier if I didn't know my parents. It wouldn't be as sad if I didn't know my parents.

I walk down the stairs, this time not tripping on a skateboard.

"Hey Rory!" I smile at my 11 year old sister but she just waves and puts in ear buds.

Casey and Lilly run past me, I hear baby Jake crying, and my dads holding my favorite little munchkin Chloe.

"Wheres mom?" I ask Louis. He points to the living room and walks outside with his skateboard and a piece of toast in his mouth.

I find her in the living room on the phone. She sounds worried. I come sit next to her when she hangs up.

"We're getting a new kid. Well not really a kid but more like a teen. His whole family was flying to see him in their private jet and crash and all but one person died." She waits for my response.

"Why can't he live with that person? Whats his name? How old is he?" It all came out so fast.

"Because its his 7 year old cousin who will also be joining us. Her names Melissa and his name is James. He's 17, just like you. I'm pretty sure he goes to your school." How should I react? Scream. Faint. Barf. Cry.

Run.

I run straight up to my room and sit in my closet. Its where I go when I'm sad, angry, or confused. This time I'm all 3.

I feel bad for him.

I want to rip his head off.

Why is this happening to me?

I cry, scream and think. Why is the one boy who hates me coming to live with me!? 

and all of a sudden the wierdest thought comes into my head. What if I can make him jealous. I walk out of the closet, reaply my makeup and walk out my door, down the stairs, out the front door and towards the skate park.