Chapter 36: Home

Copyright © zylgnagnaba

Two days later and the rumour still haven’t died down. People, especially Harry’s fans, who were easily fooled about those false speculations, have apparently hated me. They never fail to send me hate messages through my Instagram and twitter accounts. Some of them send me awful pictures—doodles on my magazine and many photoshopped pictures.

Harry and I choose to stay silent about the issue. He claims that it’s not necessary. We both know the truth, and I agree. Whoever did this to us—to me—, he or she wanted attention, or maybe ruin my relationship with Harry. We aren’t that stupid to give that someone his or her kind of satisfaction.

Enjoying the warmth inside my and Sophia’s suite, sitting up on the bed while leaning against the headboard, I reminisce about Harry by drawing his beautiful image on my sketchpad. How many times did Harry actually make me melt whenever those green eyes of his fixes with mine? How I feel assured with every demanding gaze—that even though we’re in a crowded place, I’m the only one who stands out in his vision. Sure there are a lot of girls who are way prettier than I am, but whenever he looks at me, I feel like I’m the only one.

His nose. His nose that puckers whenever I say something completely senseless. From the way his nose brushes mine after every kiss to the way it sends shivers to my skin whenever he nuzzles his face to the crook of my neck—it freaking drives me wild.

And his lips. Fuck. His lips that are so divine and I’ve missed so much to kiss. Every word that slips from his parted luscious lips is always beautiful to me and I giggle inside at the sound they produce, especially when he confesses his thoughts and admiration towards me. Whenever they curve up to a smile makes me feel wanted and needed. It’s totally different from what he gives out to other people. When he smiles at me, I feel special, one-of-a-kind.

I’m whipped. I’m totally whipped! I am so in love with him and with every little thing about him. He’s not perfect, but he’s perfect to me. I love him so much that words couldn’t comprehend. I could run out of words to explain it, but my feelings for him keep pouring out until I can’t contain them any longer.

It’s funny how memories of him could somehow make me forget about the worst things happening all around me. I wouldn’t really care if people hate me because of some sick and ridiculous drama. As long as Harry and I both know that we love each other, then I’m safe.

*****

Continuous clanks sound off as my ankle boots meet the marble floor inside our model management. It’s so hard to contain yourself when your heart is racing because of fury, frustration and well, mostly fury. I don’t want to create a scene. I don’t want to fan the flame and eventually make it spread like wildfire, but I need to take it out once and for all. I am not even sure if she’s here right now, but I am determined to confront her.

Stopping in front of a large brown double-door with a label ‘Conference Room’, I take a deep breath before holding on to the handle. Allison, the receptionist, said that there’s no meeting held at the time and assuming from what we are accustomed to, models would huddle inside the conference room to pass the time. So, I’m really hoping to see her inside.

Once I finally open up and step inside the room, my eyes automatically scan the vast area with group of eight to ten models inside. My eyes stop from roaming around once I behold the tall lean blonde girl that I am looking for, sitting over the edge of the large rosewood table, her side facing me. With fuming eyes, I approach her slowly and when she turns around as if she felt my presence, her eyes widen in surprise and she stands up from where she’s sitting almost too quickly. She looks threatened.

My steps approach her carefully and as if the other models can feel the tension, they flee the room and leave the two of us alone inside. With the last girl exiting the conference room, the large door slams shut, breaking her terrified trance. Her blue eyes are glossy and timid as they hesitate to look back at my smug appearance. I notice her shoulders shudder once I decide to lean in to her side and whisper into her ear with my well-known low and demeaning tone.