Chapter 26.1: I love you, Harry...

Let me remind you guys of the contest I’m having.
If you haven’t read about it, go back to “PLEASE READ! THIS IS IMPORTANT! TYSM”.
Okay? Okay…

**********

 Copyright © zylgnagnaba 2013

I can’t even begin to explain how everything happened so fast. Just two hours ago, I was in the set of Magnum ice cream commercial, and now I’m inside Harry’s car just half an hour away to Dorset and another more minutes to Purbeck Vineyard, where everyone else is waiting for us.

The rest of our friends have stuck to the travel schedule which was seven in the morning, while Harry and I had to be five hours late because of my shoot.

He just basically threw our stuffs inside his car before he sent me to the location of the commercial, and there he waited until I was done, and so here we are. Yeah, everything happened so fast.

The car ride was smooth. Harry and I would somehow converse but most of the time, I’m asleep. I’m so tired that my lids are almost as heavy as a rock, and I never mind looking around where we are going. I made a mental note to stay awake on our way home just so I can see what I missed while I was napping. I’m earning enough energy so I wouldn’t spoil this vacation for my friends, especially Niall, the birthday celebrant.

I am positive that this vacation is going to be a remarkable one. I’ve been to a few of vineyards before, and it’s always an amazing experience. I would never understand how are wines made, but I know it always starts with crashing the grapes with bare feet. That’s the most exciting part, always.

“We’re here, Val…” Harry calls, pulling my attention out of my phone screen. I immediately look beyond the windshield, and sure enough, he’s pulling up to this village called Harman’s Cross. I’ve never had problems with being in a foreign place; it has always been my thing. So I nod at Harry, pulling out one appreciative smile at him that he replied with one of his own.

The detached two storey holiday home has white polished walls all over. At the front, it looks ordinary and plain—the feeling of the 70s flooding my head as if I’ve been in that year when I see the front view—but at the back I am expecting rooms with balconies that will overlook the vineyard and the panoramic view of Purbeck Hills. I’ve read few reviews about this place, and obviously people do not go back home feeling empty because this place is heavenly. I remember when they planned this trip on Liam’s birthday two weeks ago. They were excited about this place when they searched it online, because it looks simple but still the activities they offer are enticing. The boys booked the whole place for three days, so that means there are only nine guests in the cottage. Nine – I hope Niall will get his girlfriend soon so there will be an even number already.

After Harry gets our stuff from the trunk, I give him a hand and take my own bag with me. My heart suddenly starts to beat faster than the usual when we take the first step towards the huge wooden door. I’m so stoked that I can’t even hide the grin in my face. I have to breathe deeply to regain my composure and greet the old lady who is standing by the doorway. She’s probably the caretaker of the place. With her is a young lad around our age and he proceed towards us to grab our bags.

“Good afternoon! Welcome to Purbeck Vineyard.” The old lady welcomes us with few nods and a wide smile. “My name’s Martha and this is my grandson, Joey.” She says gesturing her hand to the young boy carrying our bags beside her. He nods and smiles at us as well.

I step closer to them, sticking my hand out to shake Martha’s. “I am Valerie, and this is my boyfriend, Harry.” By the moment I hold out the word boyfriend, an eerie cool sensation travel to every inch of my skin and my heart literally jumped. I’m used to being introduced as his girlfriend but not the other way around, maybe that’s just it or maybe I really like the idea of him being my boyfriend, really.