Chapter 26.2: Compromise

Let me remind you that you asked for this, okay?
So please don’t kill me.
And whatever this chapter holds for you, all I want to say is… it needs to happen.

Bwahahahahaha xD

(GIF of Harry's reaction at the end of this chapter on the side! Ahe)

*******

 Copyright © zylgnagnaba 2013

HARRY’s POV

I saw Valerie flush, her cheeks turned bright crimson for the very first time since I met her when Liam introduced himself and hug her that night at Perrie’s party—that was when we first got out in public as a couple— and I knew right then, she likes him.

Well, you’re almost as tall as Harry, sexy and fair. No wonder why Harry fell for you.” She tries to obliterate her flushed cheeks for the second time that Liam spoke to her, that time he complimented her. Well I was a bit tipsy that time but I am not damn stupid to not notice. Her reaction was somewhat similar to many of our fans when we talk to them. The batting of lashes, the giggles, and the wide sweet grin, she even quivers at the sound of his voice—she was too obvious, for me at least.

 I was okay with that because we’re just pretending and I didn’t even fancy her for just one bit. We were the total opposite, we always quarrel and I always loved to annoy the hell out of her. And she never runs out of comebacks. That’s the most fun part of everything.

I noticed her froze on her spot when Liam burst in to our flat that day when I snatched her sketchpad. I knew she wasn’t frazzled about the fact that he caught us on the floor when I was on top of her. She was scared that Liam or I might see her drawing of him. I caught a glimpse of her sketch even before I could snatch it from her hands; I just wanted to have a closer look to confirm it. And yes, it’s Liam. Her drawings are very precise, her hands swept to the surface of the pad effortlessly and the end result is perfect. You could tell it was him when you take a look of her drawing at a distant.

I was okay with that because we are just pretending, and I didn’t even fancy her for just one bit.

I catch her sniff Liam’s shirt whenever they hug each other. She tried to be unnoticeable but I take a careful look as she closed her eyes, taking in his scent through her nostrils and she smiles satisfied at the end when they pull away from each other. She really likes him.

I mentally laugh at how bold and cautious she was on doing that. I wondered if Liam can feel her affection towards him, or if he did feel that, maybe he’s just discarding the idea because we’re best mates.

Again I was fine with her having crush on him because we’re just pretending, and I didn’t fancy her for just one bit.

I even noticed the sorrow in her eyes when she looked at Liam that day when Danielle declined on coming with us at the resort outside London. I knew Valerie was bothered with Liam’s well-being after the break-up with Danielle. I was concerned about him too, but her compassion towards him encompasses the four of his mates. I could see in her big brown eyes that she wanted to hug him, comfort him, and just be there until she knew he’s okay.

I felt a pinch in my chest as the sight slightly pricked my eyes; but I tossed it aside and force myself to think that I was okay with that and I didn’t fancy her.