Chapter 1: Aconite

He could still remember the last day he ever saw her. It was graduation day. She was dazzled up, looking stunning. Her hair in brown curls cascading down in spirals against her back. Her pale freckled skin was looking much healthier by the glow of her bronzer. The only thing that saddened him that night was that no one had shown up for her, but he was proud of her when she kept her head up not daring to show any broken cracks.

He could still remember her sweet voice ringing through his ears. Her sweet honey scent filling his nose. Her cute button nose and long hair so familiar to his eyes, he'd be able to recognize her even if everything about her changed - those eyes could never change.

He sat, angered, at his men for not finding her just yet. It's like she vanished from the ground of our green earth. Even her father had no idea where she was and now no one knows where he is. Axel couldn't handle the thought of all the things he could've done to his precious girl so it only seemed fair.

His dark and bland coffee was slammed on his table in front of him. The sound snapping him back to reality where he saw himself in a booth of a café, his coffee slightly spilled from the force used to place it down.

"Would you like anything else, sir?" The girl shook in fear of the man who came here so often and yet never spoke a word to them only point at his usual coffee on the menu and leaving an awful lot of money afterwards because he never waited to know how much his bill was.

He grunted a no in response making the girl scramble away. He was please with how everyone treated him in this café. He liked being superior. Scrunching up his eyebrows, he looked around the café, the same café that was crowded until he came in where all the customers discreetly snook off. He looked back down when he heard the bell ring, signaling someone has entered.

A whisper of movements as soft as the air rung through his ears. Not a voice was heard, just movements and shuffling if there was a voice he would've heard it considering the place was so small that if she talked he would've surely heard her. He heard the light patter of her steps walk away from the counter towards a seat, not so far away. Just as she plopped down his phone rung, one of the tech guy's name flashing on his screen. He lightly groaned, already knowing they're going to tell him exactly what they always told him; this girl is unfindable.

He debated whether he wanted to answer or not until the last ring where he sighed and he picked it up. The ringing halting leaving the air thick around them. The only sounds left are the machines making coffee.

"We found her." His heart leaped from his chest and without a second thought he stood up to his full height, the force he used making the table sway and his coffee spilling once again. From the corner of his eye he saw the girl jump in fright of his sudden movements.

"Where is she?" he growled lowly, not wanting anyone to hear him. His heartbeat ringing through his ear. The blood being pumped through his veins could be felt in his anxious state.

"I'm not sure. There isn't anything to detect where she is; no phone, no nothing. But her name just came out from the airport. She landed about half an hour ago." The guys voice so shaky and breathy, scared of what his boss might do.

"Well, keep looking. I'll be right over." He ended the call without another word, slipping the small device in his pocket.

Hope filled his heart as it palpitates. His smile taking over his face as his heart pumps in glee finally finding a reason to still beat. His breathing erotic as he finally looks up. His heart completely stops, his breathing ceases as the ice glazing over his heart melts sending love and warmth all through his veins and body.

His lips agape as he takes her in. Of course this would've been the first place she came. Her old house a few blocks over, her favorite playground as a child down the street, and in her teenage years she applied for her first job here. This was her place, her escape from reality.