Chapter 15: Geranium

Lillian stuttered on her breath, her shoulders shaking as she used a white tissue to clean her nose, harshly snorting into the tissue. Her sobs filled the entire house as her heart ached, feeling like a complete idiot for getting herself into this situation.

She sat on her bed for hours after waking up. She spent the night crying only to wake up and continue the cycle. Her loud sobs could be heard throughout the entirety of the house, luckily she lived alone.

"Why does everything bad h-happen to me?" she questioned to no one, before another sob left her frail body.

She sniffed before blowing into a new piece of tissue and taking a look inside only to grimace and regret her decision to look. She tossed the used tissue into the nearby trashcan that was already filled with used up tissues.

"I hate my life. I hate my life. I hate my life," she chanted before laying back on the empty bed her will to cry again slowly subsiding into depression, the thoughts aching her. "What did I do so wrong to get this life?"

How could she let herself get played? Especially by the guy who hurt her so badly in her past? What is he even doing right now? Is he as upset as she is? Is he laughing with his friends about this the way he always does?

Could he have possibly changed? Did he turn into a good person? Maybe he did love me, he did seem genuine. No! He is not. He's a liar. He's bad news. He doesn't deserve me. I bet he's with his friends laughing at me! She thought.

Her sadness suddenly taking a turn to anger, before falling back on the bed in exhaustion and her eyes brimming with tears.

The sound of her phone's ringtone filled her room as she groaned not wanting to talk to anyone. She knew it wasn't Axel, she blocked him the second he reached fifty calls on her phone and thirteen long text messages, that she did not read.

Crawling to the middle of her bed, her hands carelessly searched for her phone before grasping the small metal square and pressing reply before placing it against her ear and laying back on the bed.

"Hello," her hoarse voice spoke, completely soar from all the sobbing.

"Lillian, are you crying?" Selene's frantic voice asked.

"N-no." She sniffed, as her eyes filled with i shed tears.

"Oh my god. I'm on my way."

"No-" the call went dead and Lillian carelessly threw it to the side and cuddled into her warm pink sheets, that are the only thing that is good to her.

Lillian's eyes slowly closed as her loud mind went silent, finally having a break from all the sobbing. She was physically and mentally exhausted, and sleep was truly needed even though she was in bed all day.

Instead of her loud sobbing, her snores filled the room, it was like a small whistle that kept blowing. Finally, her brain was silent and left her in a dreamless rest, which was way better considering she was sure her brain would've taken her to Axel. And she couldn't handle thoughts of him anymore.

_________

"Get up! Bitch, I didn't come here for you to sleep around," Selene groaned before flopping on the bed beside a half-asleep Lillian.

"How did you get in?" Lillian hoarsely asked.

"Found the extra key hidden in that ginormous sunflower plant you keep outside," Selene mumbled before rolling in the bed and facing Lillian. "What's wrong, babes?"

Lillian's eyes water when remember what happened. Everything fell apart in just a moment it was like a game of Jenga and she just lost. She bit her bottom lip before forcing it out. Her heart aching at just the thought.

"A-Axel."

"Who's he?" Selene questioned, frowning at her friend's tears.

Lillian soon realized Selene never knew either. She wasn't the only one who thought he was the good guy, which for some reason she found comfort in it like a child finding comfort from a blanky.

"He's Dan. Dan is Axel." Lillian broke down in silent sobs, her shoulders jumping like tiny grasshoppers as Selene just frowned still confused.

So, Lillian swallowed her aching gut and spilled not holding back in the treacherous description. Selene turned from cutely confused to viciously angry in just a matter of seconds, wanting to pounce on Axel. Her mind reeling in ways to make him pay for what he did.

"You found out right after you two did that?" Lillian silently nodded. "I'm gonna kill him."

"Just ignore him that's what I'll do," Lillian mumbled, finally not brokenly crying from spilling. It help her let things out there, it's almost like she let the small bugs out of the small container they were contained in and now they roamed free, crawling around in the silence.

"Oh, no I'll break his nose for you." Selene got off of the bed, standing and putting her shoes on from the side of the bed, her back facing Lillian.

"Don't go to him just ignore him. Selene, please, let's just sit here and watch movies," Lillian beg.

"I'll be right back. I have an exam tomorrow that I forgot to study for." The lie rolled off her tongue effortlessly.

"Um, o-okay." Selene smiled in victory, mentally thanking god for Lillian's naiveness.

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow after the test. Mrs. Kelly will fail me if I do bad and I'm already failing her stupid class." Selene smirked to herself.

"But you just came."

"I don't live too far from you so it doesn't matter." Selene stood up, blowing a kiss to Lillian as she walked out of her room.

Lillian flopped back on the bed and her brain went back to Axel. Tears brimming her eyes as she forced her sobs to be silent until she knew Selene left. And when the sound of the door slamming shut filled her vacant room her sobs were let free and she was hiccuping and crying all over again.

Her heart was aching. Her brain was jumbled. Her body was shaking with each sob. He did this to her and now she can't forgive him.

Selene, on the other hand, had a mission. She was sure the story she heard from Lillian wasn't completely truly. Anyone can see how much love Axel, or Dan, held for Lillian. But if the story was true Axel would get it. Thankfully, she knew where his house was considering just a few days ago she was at his surprise party.

A/N

I have so many book ideas and I can't wait to share them. Plus I'm in India at the moment, it's so beautiful. For some reason, I post more when I travel. I think it's because of the environment that helps me feel more creative and I'll surely use that to my advantage when I get home. How about you guys, how's your day going?