Chapter 18: Ivy

Axel's stormy heart harshly pounded against his chest as the sight of Lillian's small house nears. The crimson blood was loudly pumping in his ear, so loud the sound slowly fills the vacant area up before spilling.

He parks his shiny silver car on the side of the lonely road. Taking out the keys, the sound clangs in the soundless car, before opening his heavy door. He gets out, planting his feet on the concrete ground.

He makes his way to the trunk of the car, pulling it open. He reaches for the roses, picking up the three bouquets and leaving the rest of the flowers for later, considering he couldn't pick it all up at once.

He knew there was a lot he had to do to get her to forgive him. He knew this wasn't enough but all he could do now was try and talk to her and he was going to use that to his advantage.

So, with the small shard of reassurance he had he made his way to the wooden door. His feet slowly padding against the stone pathway.

He takes a deep breath in before pressing the small doorbell. The silly jingle she chose tingles in the air before silencing. The door opens, the sight of Jake's smirking face makes him freeze before frowning in anger, his grip on the flower bouquets tightens.

"What are you doing here?" Axel hisses.

"What? I told you she'd be going to me before ever going back to you. I warned you, didn't I?" Jake smirked, relaxing his body against the hard wood.

Axel was seething. He dropped the roses on the damp, from the sprinklers, ground. His body lurched forward, his hands planting themselves on Jake's neck.

His face was scarlet red. His hands like glue, latched on Jake's tattooed neck, throttling him. His legs moved, one by one, in until they hit a wall.

Jake was weakly attempting to break free. His eyes squeezed shut and watery, his body was both tense and red and hot. Axel's breath was puffing in anger as he clenched his teeth.

"Oh my god!" Lillian shrieked. The sound of glass breaking came to his ears right after.

Axel pulled Jake, still by his neck, and led him all the way to the door. Shoving him out before slamming the door at his face. Jake's coughing was echoing from the door.

Axel felt cheated as he neared a frightened Lillian. His eyes sharp and his mouth in a scowl. His legs walked towards her, stepping on the glass with his black shiny shoes, as his chest rose and fell repeatedly.

He stopped when her reached her and gripped her wrists, pinning her against the wall behind her. Lillian bit her lip, holding in a frightened squeak but the look on her face and her rising chest gave away how frightened she was.

"What was he doing here? He fucking left a camera in you house and now you're letting him in here alone with you," Axel hissed. "What we're you doing?"

"Axel let g-go." She whimpered, her eyes tearing up with fright.

She promised herself to never cry because of him but here she was breaking her own rules. She was terrified, she couldn't control herself nor her shaking body.

"Are you scared of me?" he asked, his grip loosening, feeling terrified of the answer.

She didn't answer and nor did she need to, the shivering of her body said plenty as her heart thundered against her chest. Her eyes leaking tears, in front of the last person who deserved them.